- Poland - Warsaw Office
Communications Manager, Poland
Full time job.
Permanently located in Warsaw, Poland.
Dyson Poland is currently one of the fastest growing markets within Dyson globally. In 2017, Dyson opened our first office in Warsaw. More recently, a new Dyson Business Services Centre has opened in Krakow as part of growing ambitions. Dyson is a fast paced and rapidly changing environment and we offer an exciting environment where you will be continually challenged to think and act in new and innovative ways. We expect and push each other to think and do differently and we always strive to be better than we were yesterday.
We are looking for candidate who will be a strong storyteller, responsible for creating & executing our communication strategy across Poland for our growing products portfolio as well as corporate narratives, James Dyson Award and Internal communications. The successful candidate holds strong relationships with top tier beauty, wellness, technology and business media within the country.
With a help of external agencies, you will be responsible for telling inspiring stories across multi-categories, stretching from product and technology narratives to corporate stories and reputational management, weaving together multiple communications, and a leadership style that drives the team to achieve unrivalled performance. This role will also involve an Internal Communications management, supporting local team as we grow and evolve within the country.
- Support in developing the PR & communications strategy for Poland, with a focus on telling stories around our problem-solving core technologies, engineering, our products, people and places and the Dyson philosophy. Ultimately, we want to inspire others to spread the word on our behalf.
- Liaise with global counterparts to leverage PR strategies, materials and execution.
- Highlighting the key media and influencers that we need to build a relationship with to secure gold-tier coverage amongst target media, with support of external PR agencies.
- Develop PR opportunities across all media and channels with a focus on quality, rather than quantity as well as product reviews.
- Oversee a programme of proactive media activity maximizing each and every narrative to build Dyson’s reputation as a global technology company and support the sales of our technology.
- Adapt & produce market specific content in the form of press releases, interviews, Q&As, online content, event materials, etc.
- Manage the monitoring, analysis and response to press coverage and social media interactions in the region on a timely reactive basis.
- Liaise with global counterparts to ensure internal communication consistency with the rest of the Dyson world and leverage materials and execution ideas.
- Work close together with the Polish leadership team to identify emerging issues and opportunities facing the organization and design strategies to manage their impact including crisis management.
- Responsible for the PR budget to ensure we have the tools and resource to have unrivalled communications, with a strong focus on budget spent efficiency and reaching business objectives.
We know who we are, we are looking for someone who can help up to shape the best strategy based on Dyson’s many and varied narratives.
They will have a detailed knowledge of the Poland media landscape. They will have experience of working with external agencies, having held managerial level roles either in house, agency side, or media side. The ideal candidate will have had experience advising senior executives on how to communicate their vision and narratives.
In addition, they will likely have:
- A Bachelor’s degree.
- At least 6 years’ experience or more in Communications role – either in-house, agency side or as a journalist.
- Experience with influencer engagement & management as well as day to day media relations.
- Strong project & event management, organisational and planning skills.
- Ability to build and effect change - at both a people and process level.
- Demonstrated skill and comfort in proactively building relationships with top tier journalists and editors, and in successfully positioning subject matter with the media to achieve high-impact coverage.
- Evidence of experience in managing a media relations strategy to advance an organization’s mission and goals
- Superior management skills; ability to influence and engage people up, down, and across the organization.
- Confident in writing & speaking in English, as you will need to communicate a lot within our multi-national environment.
This will seem like an impossibly long list but to do all of the above successfully in Dyson, people invariably have the majority of the following personal traits:
- Understanding and passion for Dyson technology, design and engineering and a sense of what makes Dyson and its people tick.
- Excellent storytelling ability, brilliant interpersonal skills and robust commercial understanding.
- A doer- not afraid to try new things and get stuck in.
- A fast learner and quick to adapt to the fast paced and rapidly changing environment.
- A multitasker, excellent at prioritisation, comfortable handling and implementing many projects concurrently.
- Calm under pressure, resilient and with a track-record of good judgement, and an ability to get things done.
- Unafraid to challenge, be challenged, and ask/answer difficult questions.
- Willingness to admit when they are wrong and accept an alternative strategy.
- Tenacity and persistence in pursing answers to problems and comfortable with change and ambiguity.
- An ability to influence at the highest levels through clear, informed and logical argument and discussion, tempered by a sense of humour.
- The utmost discretion: tact and diplomacy in dealing with sensitive, complex and confidential issues and situations.
- Cultural awareness and experience of the nuances of working in a European context.
- Fastidious in organisation and with vision and purposes as well as an eye for the detail.
Dyson is an equal opportunity employer. We know that great minds don’t think alike, and it takes all kinds of minds to make our technology so unique. We welcome applications from all backgrounds and employment decisions are made without regard to race, colour, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other any other dimension of diversity.