- Singapore - St James Power Station Headquarters
We are looking for an exceptional Communications Manager in Singapore to advance Dyson’s story and share important updates with Dyson people. The role is instrumental in keeping people across Dyson on top of our Blueprint (our annual strategy), sharing stories that bring to life our culture and communicating news, both good and bad.
We cherish the culture and philosophy instilled by James Dyson and our inventive engineers and constantly tune our approach for the reality of a complex, rapidly growing, global business. We need someone with the confidence to challenge the norm, who can distil a message, and who pulls off the odd magic trick. You will need to be confident and quick thinking, guiding our most senior leaders and our people through daily communication challenges, while planning for the future.
You should be excited by our technology and relish the opportunity to explain it to anyone and everyone. You have energy and enthusiasm for a fast-paced, results-focused culture, and live Dyson’s problem-solving approach. You will embody the Dyson values, creating Authentic, Different and Pioneering communications that complement our internal strategy to inspire our people about Dyson’s technology, philosophy, leadership and performance.
You will have an outstanding understanding of internal communications and employee engagement, communications channels, events and the wider media landscape. The ability to tell inspiring stories is a given.
About the Role
- Communications planning and delivery: A key member of the Internal Communications team planning, creating and delivering communication campaigns and content across all our channels.
- Markets: Support key markets in the region to ensure we are sharing consistent messaging with Dyson people. Ensure Group-led narratives are adopted locally and that Dyson people have the opportunity to hear our stories.
- Communications Channels: Use investigative, copywriting, events and storytelling skills to surface authentic, different and pioneering stories from around Dyson – the right story on the right channel, at the right time. Support the team to implement new channels of communication.
- Trusted Advisor: Provide support to key stakeholders on the messaging for all communications, announcements and longer-term horizon scanning – helping them share news in a factual, engaging way with our people, globally.
- Insight and Analysis: Use monitoring tools to measure internal communications and constantly learn from insight to improve how we communicate.
- Product Narratives: Work in partnership with Dyson’s Product Communications team to understand our latest products and create an internal strategy for launches and ongoing product narratives – both globally and locally.
- People Engagement: Work with the People team to build strategies for how we can engage our people, through recognition programmes, and other people-led initiatives.
- Corporate Narratives: Align with the Corporate Communications team to share stories around the James Dyson Foundation, James Dyson Award and Sustainability.
- Advanced writing and editing skills with a keen eye for a story and attention to detail
- Excellent verbal communications skills with ability to present, listen and influence. Able to present complex information and arguments coherently in an accessible and creative way
- Strong project management skills – organisational, planning and attention to detail working on multiple complex projects at any one time
- Event / project management experience – knowing how to execute and run an event that is engaging and well organised, keeping a cool head under pressure and being able to change and pivot around challenges
- Strategic and critical thinking and offering counsel to team and senior stakeholders
- Good relationship builder across functions and markets
- Strong knowledge of various communications channels
- A desire to learn and develop skills
- Team player who is able to stay calm, logical and confident
- Able to adapt to changing situations and demonstrate critical judgement
- Line management experience preferred
- A relevant Bachelor’s degree
- Experience of developing and implementing internal communication and employee engagement campaigns in a fast-paced organisation
- Led and delivered significant internal communications projects
- Experience engaging across stakeholders and borders, building lasting relationships
- Ability to influence and engage people up, down, and across the organisation.
To do all of the above successfully in Dyson, people invariably have the majority of the following personal traits:
- Understanding and passion for technology, design and engineering
- A sense of what makes Dyson and its people tick
- Storytelling ability, instinct, brilliant interpersonal skills and commercial understanding
- Unafraid to challenge, be challenged, and ask/answer difficult questions
- Willingness to admit when they are wrong and accept an alternative strategy
- Tenacity and persistence in pursuing answers to problems, comfortable with change
- A sense of humour, the ability to laugh and enjoy the moments
- The utmost discretion: tact and diplomacy in dealing with confidential issues
- Organised and with an eye for the detail
- The ability to think three steps ahead, anticipating problems and acting accordingly
Dyson Singapore monitors the market to ensure competitive salaries and bonuses. Beyond that, you’ll enjoy a transport allowance and comprehensive medical care and insurance. But financial benefits are just the start of a Dyson career. Professional growth, leadership development and new opportunities abound, driven by regular reviews and dynamic workshops. And with a vibrant culture, the latest devices and a relaxed dress code reflecting our engineering spirit, it’s an exciting team environment geared to fuelling and realising ambition.
Dyson is an equal opportunity employer. We know that great minds don’t think alike, and it takes all kinds of minds to make our technology so unique. We welcome applications from all backgrounds and employment decisions are made without regard to race, colour, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other any other dimension of diversity.
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.