- Salary will be determined based on experience and credentials
- Chicago - USA
The Communications Specialist is responsible for supporting US communications activity, with a particular emphasis on media and influencer engagement and monitoring and reporting. The Specialist will also have opportunities to support internal communications initiatives. This individual will report to the Associate Communications Manger but will be responsible for working with teams across Dyson and support on communications activities for all categories (Floorcare, Environmental Control, Personal Care, Lighting and Professional).
Support in the development, execution and measurement of communications strategies to share Dyson news and elevate Dyson’s reputation externally.
- Lead monitoring, collating, recording and communicating press coverage to US office.
- Work closely with the Communications Leads for each of the categories (Personal Care, Floorcare, Environmental Control, Lighting and Professional) to develop proactive media relations strategies for each category. Take the lead in executing strategy day-to-day to secure regular, positive coverage about Dyson technology, the benefits of Dyson machines, the James Dyson Foundation, timely events and cultural moments, and more.
- Manage inbound media and influencer inquires to the Dyson PR inbox
- Work closely with the James Dyson Foundation to develop and execute communications plans, namely the James Dyson Award.
- Recommend new areas and angles to stimulate awareness of Dyson, its technology, and its philosophies in the US.
- Bring new ideas and a fresh perspective to the team and our ways of working.
Support new product launch events and activations across categories.
· Partner closely with the Communications Leads for each of the categories (Personal Care, Floorcare, Environmental Control, Lighting and Professional) to execute launch plans for new products. This will include logistical items such as event planning or scheduling media attendees for the launch, as well as tactical pitching to secure coverage for the launch.
Work closely to assist Americas Internal Communications Lead to support and assist in executing internal communications.
- Support the development of Dyson’s internal newsletter, creating content to populate the regular newsletter and leading initiatives to increase adoption of it.
- Write thorough creative briefs to request support and materials for internal projects (product launches, company meetings, etc.).
- Support with content for company briefings on a monthly basis, collaborating with UK counterparts.
Effectively communicate and collaborate with other departments within Dyson to ensure maximum impact.
- Establish and maintain strong working relationships with internal partners in marketing and sales to ensure effective collaboration and sharing of communications plans with key stakeholders across the business.
- Be the local expert, spotting trends and sharing new ideas and opportunities with the Americas and global PR team.
- Be an active part of our global Communications team – share best practices and new ideas, keep an eye on what’s working in other markets and how we can translate their successes to the US, and more.
Fulfill other duties as necessary.
- Relish the opportunity to pick up new activities that fall broadly in the purpose of the role.
- Fix things that need fixing. Identify problems and create solutions.
- Think creatively, identifying opportunities for our team to grow, improve and become more effective.
Experience and Education
· Bachelor’s degree required
· 1 – 3 years of experience
· Experience in managing projects from start to finish
· Internal communications, social media, and/or influencer relations experience is a bonus
Skills and Competencies
· Strong written and oral communication skills. Able to write concise, engaging and informative copy. Can use a variety of written and oral communication methods to ensure recommendations are understood and considered.
· Storytelling. You love to tell rich, engaging stories and have a knack for identifying what will resonate with specific people and audiences.
· Project management, organizational, and time management skills. We move fast and do a lot of things at Dyson! The ability to balance multiple projects, campaigns and other duties – while making deadlines – is essential.
· Flexibility. Agility is incredibly important at Dyson because we are always moving so quickly. It’s crucial for the individual in this role to be comfortable changing courses quickly and efficiently to achieve desired outcomes.
· Team work and collaboration. Able to build and maintain effective working relationships and work co-operatively with others as part of a team.
· Proactive and a doer. While working with others is a vital part of the role, we also need to be able to work autonomously and take the initiative to identify work that needs to be done and ways to support the team.
· Creativity. Demonstrates imagination, creativity and divergent thinking and applies these skills when solving problems.
· Passion. You have a passion for and deep understanding/appreciation of media, technology, beauty and health. And, of course, Dyson.
· Media relations. An up-to-date understanding of and interest in US media (print, broadcast and online) is essential.
BenefitsDyson US monitors the market to ensure competitive salaries, holidays and retirement plans. Beyond that, you’ll also enjoy profit-related bonuses and life and disability cover. But financial rewards are just the start of a Dyson career. Rapid professional growth, leadership development and new opportunities abound, driven by regular reviews and dynamic workshops. And with a vibrant culture, the latest devices and a relaxed dress code reflecting our engineering spirit, it’s an exciting team environment geared to fueling and realizing ambition.
Dyson is committed to providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with Dyson and need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process, please send an e-mail with your contact information, the job number of the position for which you are interested in applying, and the nature of your request to email@example.com or call (312) 706-2260. Determinations of requests for reasonable accommodation are made on a case-by-case basis.