- Data Analysis
- United States - Chicago Office
Dyson is a global technology enterprise. We’re growing fast and our ambition is huge – more categories, more locations and more people. Dyson launched in the US in 2002, and since then operations have grown exponentially.
Our US headquarters is based in Chicago's Fulton Market neighborhood with an additional office in Ann Arbor, Michigan. We also have employees working in field sales, our service centers, and in our growing number of Dyson Demo Store’s across the country.
About the Role:
As the Competitive Insights Manager for the America’s region you will have the opportunity to make a significant impact on the success and growth of Dyson. You will leverage a range of data sources to provide insights to the business. A successful person in this position will be able to see the world from a marketing and business perspective, as well as from a researcher perspective.
The Competitive Insights Manager will help Dyson utilize key syndicated data and custom resources to deepen understanding of the market landscape, current and potential competitors as well as consumer and shopper dynamics across the brand. This individual will be able to work with and integrate various types of data and have day to day responsibility managing critical data platforms leveraged regularly to inform business decisions.
This role requires a person with a creative bent who is able to lead in the face of uncertainty, able to pull disparate pieces of data together for a cohesive and insightful story, and who is able to highlight the key takeaways and action points for various cross functional internal clients. Dyson is a culture driven by change and comfort in grey areas – an ideal candidate in this role will be a self-starter looking to make an immediate impact and help an innovative company continue to grow.
- Be the ‘go to’ for competitive knowledge, including promotional strategies, changes in distribution, media planes as well as key in store and online strategies. This role will be responsible for keeping the pulse on key and emerging competitors across all of Dyson’s categories.
- Provide regular competitive updates as well as ad hoc requests from key cross functional US teams as well as UK headquarters and various markets.
- Monitor trends in the market that may have implications for how and where competitors execute strategies on products and positioning.
- Manage relevant outside vendors to maximize learning and value from projects. This entails actively engaging and leveraging partner intellectual horsepower, providing feedback for continual improved performance, and evaluating alternative vendor partners and methodologies to insure best practice approaches.
- Fulfil other duties as required: Relish the opportunity to pick up new activities that fall broadly in the purpose of the role, Fix things that need fixing, identify problems and find solutions
- Bachelor’s degree required, in Marketing, Market Research, Economics, Finance or a related field required, MBA preferred
- Minimum 5+ years of experience required with either a full-service market research supplier or a manufacturer's Insights department.
- Proven strategic thinking
- Qualitative, Quantitative and Syndicated research skills and experience
- Expert in Excel/PowerPoint; Pivot table knowledge essential
- Strong analytical skills; data triangulation experience a must
- Ability to tell a story with data; excellent communication, organization and presentation skills (written, oral, and across Microsoft Office Suite)
- Strong project management experience, with the ability to balance multiple projects
- Highly motivated self-starter
- Ability to develop collaborative relationships with cross-functional team members to build respect and influence.
At Dyson, how we reward you is linked to our high-performance culture. But it’s about more than salary and bonus. Through a package of financial, lifestyle and health benefits, we support whatever stage of life you’re in and the moments that matter.
- 401K with up to a 4% match
- Company paid Life Insurance and AD&D
- Flexible Savings Account (FSA) and Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Competitive Paid Time Off Benefits including Separate Holiday, Sick, and Vacation Time
- Pre-tax Commuter Benefits (applicable areas only)
- Generous Child Care Leave Program
- Wellness Program
- Employee Assistance Program
- Generous Dyson Product Discounts
- Multi-Level Healthcare Coverage Options
- Vision & Dental Coverage
- Company paid Short-Term and Long-Term Disability
Dyson is committed to fostering an inclusive and accessible environment that reflects the diversity of the community in which we live. If requested, we will provide reasonable accommodation during the recruitment process for persons with disabilities. Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information. Dyson is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
At Dyson, it's about more than our machines. We recognise that our success comes from our inventive people. We believe in including everybody and supporting you on your journey with us
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.