- Starting salary will be based on experience and credentials
- Chicago, IL, USA
About the role
Reporting directly to the Head of Competitor Strategy, this role is responsible for the provision of Competitor Intelligence services pertaining to the Americas region, potentially within an individual market. The role serves the Americas to counteract threats in the competitive landscape, as well as provides Global teams with intelligence from that cluster.
To be a partner for the Market/Market Cluster and Group across all current product categories. Manage a prioritized set of tasks that will include the following:
- Delivery of market/cluster communications on the competitive landscape in that geography, for sharing with Group and market-based stakeholders.
- Delivery of key product or brand update briefings concerning threats identified in other parts of the Dyson world.
- Own or support, according to our strategy, the communications and process concerning recently launched products that are important to your cluster, working alongside the Competitor Intelligence Centre as required.
- Investigate and understand competitor products of key importance to your client group, enabling you to raise contentious items with Legal, and deliver CI such as product demonstrations and training for market/cluster and Group contacts. This may involve travel to include face-to-face training sessions when needed.
- Where relevant, timely input of intelligence to market/cluster specific business review cycles.
- Compilation of market specific data trends, product matrices, test result summaries etc.
- Market coverage calculation and maintenance for in-scope categories, for your region.
- Liaison with relevant Group teams to benefit from intelligence gathering, in tools that CST does not manage, for example SimilarWeb ecommerce analysis.
- Generally build a relationship with your key partners and spot opportunities to improve and tailor our services to them.
Working as part of the Competitor Intelligence team to drive success in the role, as well as supporting activities including those across the wider Legal Department.
- Your relationship with the CI Centre is critical to success in the role of partnering a market – you will be both a customer of the expertise within the CI Centre and represent a demand on its services, as well as offering market liaison support around high priority launches, and processes including purchasing requirements for samples.
- Work with established processes to manage testing and investigation for a new launch of market relevance. This will include logistics processes such as purchasing, receipt and organizing your purchases, and onward shipping from the local office.
- Feed all relevant materials into the Self-service portal; Support the Dissemination team by taking a lead for your own section to ensure your market/market cluster is adequately covered. Success here helps focus external demand to when it is needed.
- Contribute to the portal, and directly with colleagues, concerning early warning alerts, social media and advertising campaign discoveries, and anything of potential relevance to the competitor landscape.
- Liaison and support as necessary with Group/Market lawyer(s) when a contentious product claim or campaign is under investigation or challenge.
- Use enterprise standard analytics tools, such as Tableau, to deliver consistent data outputs.
- In tune with the budget planning cycle, take a shared responsibility for our test and product related expenditure across all categories. Share new ideas for non-product spend.
Commercial acumen and behavioral characteristics
- Demonstrates a commercial awareness that considers the overall business objectives when commenting on the priority and “so what” of a piece of CI.
- Clarifies business purpose with colleagues and tailors solutions that reflect the business priorities.
- Is adaptable and welcomes change and challenge, then plays an active role in finding innovative solutions.
- Task focused and works on own initiative to get things done. Is able to work under pressure and manage multiple stakeholders.
- Works effectively in a team and in cross functional teams to achieve shared objectives.
- Understands the impact their decisions will have on other teams and acts accordingly.
- Identifies opportunities to share knowledge, experience and information which adds value and helps solve problems.
- Is a persuasive presenter to small and large audiences enhancing their own and the team's profile.
- Effectively manages relationships with business colleagues and builds trust through collaboration resulting in early involvement in business issues.
- Can adapt own behavior and communication style to suit the context.
- Widely recognized as an expert in their particular field with a depth of knowledge and experience which they apply to deliver complex work.
- Seeks learning and development opportunities.
- Factors in the impact of decisions and activity on own team, teams across the business and alignment to organisational objectives and goals.
- Builds team spirit and celebrates team success.
About youThis is what we need you to have:
- Bachelor’s Degree required, preferably in engineering, sciences, marketing, business, statistics, or other technical fields.
- 3+ years in competitive intelligence, market analysis, laboratory testing, other fields of research. People management experience an advantage.
- Project management skills; this person must be able to plan, deliver and evaluate projects individually and with others.
- Influencing skills; this person will have the ability to engage people cross functionally and to influence up, down and across the business.
- Advanced experience in Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, and Word.
- Strong analytical ability with the ability to make connections and perform critical review.
- Strong communication skills; this person is able to present information (both written and oral) clearly and concisely. This person needs to be able to listen and to communicate clearly at all levels within an organization.
- Must be adaptable to a fast paced and changing department and willing to help improve its function.
- Ability to travel occasionally is essential – Within the USA, across the Americas and further afield internationally.
It would be helpful if you also had some of these:
- Experience working in a multinational organization.
- Project management experience.
- Experience working in sales or product training a plus.
BenefitsAt Dyson, how we reward you is linked to our high-performance culture. But it’s about more than salary and bonus. Through a package of financial, lifestyle and health benefits, we support whatever stage of life you’re in and the moments that matter.
- 401K with up to a 4% match
- Company paid Life Insurance and AD&D
- Flexible Savings Account (FSA) and Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Competitive Paid Time Off Benefits including Separate Holiday, Sick, and Vacation Time
- Pre-tax Commuter Benefits (applicable areas only)
- Generous Child Care Leave Program
- Wellness Program
- Employee Assistance Program
- Generous Dyson Product Discounts
- Multi-Level Healthcare Coverage Options
- Vision & Dental Coverage
- Company paid Short-Term and Long-Term Disability
Dyson is committed to fostering an inclusive and accessible environment that reflects the diversity of the community in which we live. If requested, we will provide reasonable accommodation during the recruitment process for persons with disabilities. Contact us at email@example.com for more information. Dyson is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.