- Data Analysis
- China - Shanghai Office
Reporting directly to the Head of Competitor Intelligence, this role is responsible for the provision of Competitor Intelligence services pertaining to a specific market or Region. The role serves the market/Region to counteract threats in the local competitive landscape, as well as Group with intelligence from that market/Region. This role also contributes to whole team success via the provision of some rapid response and project support services, whilst further ensuring that the predetermined processes of work management are followed.
About the role
To be a partner for the Market/Region and Group across all current product categories. Manage a prioritised set of tasks that will include the following:
1.1 Delivery of monthly communications, including a report, on the cross-category competitive landscape in your geography, for sharing with Enterprise and market-based stakeholders alike.
1.2 Sharing as appropriate key product or brand update briefings concerning threats identified in other parts of the Dyson world.
1.3 Investigate and understand in depth the competitor products of key importance to your market/Region, enabling you to raise contentious items with Legal and support litigation processes which result from this.
1.4 Deliver value-adding CI such as product demonstrations and training for market/Region and Group contacts on implications of CI developments. This may involve travel to include face-to-face training sessions when needed.
1.4 Where requested, you shall provide timely input of competitor intelligence to market/Region business review cycles.
1.5 You shall enhance your service further via the compilation of data trends, product/range matrices, test result summaries that will contribute to your market/Region’s understanding of the competitive landscape.
1.6 Liaison with relevant Group teams to benefit from intelligence gathering, in tools that the CI team does not manage, for example SimilarWeb ecommerce analysis.
1.7 Generally build a relationship with your key partners and spot opportunities to improve and tailor our services to that market/Region.
2. Enterprise-wide activities that require your contribution.
2.1 You are responsible for the market coverage calculation and maintenance of the required position for in-scope categories, according to the coverage targets that apply in your region. This includes a level of support to projects that are pre-launch, where standard market coverage around mature test methods is a deliverable of the CI team. This status shall be reported on a set frequency, using pre-determined work management tools.
2.2 You are responsible for the communications and process concerning new competitor launches that are outside the defined strategy for CIC Analysts. This strategy shall be maintained in a team collaboration space. The launches you own shall be prioritised according to relative importance to your market/Region.
2.3 You will also be required to support the new launch communications process being managed by the CIC Analysts, with inputs as maybe dictated by the language of the original content, and in line with opportunities across timezones. Subsequent launches of such products in your market/Region will require a localised follow up communication.
2. Working as part of the Competitor Intelligence team to drive success in the role, as well as supporting activities including those across the wider Legal Department.
2.1 Your relationship with the CI Centre is critical to success in the role of partnering a market - you will be both a customer of the expertise within the CI Centre and represent a demand on its services, as well as offering market liaison support around high priority launches, Tier 1 legal projects, and processes including purchasing requirements for samples.
2.2 Work with established processes and the IPPS Support Services team to manage testing and investigation for a new launch of market relevance. This may include supporting the logistics processes such as purchasing, receipt and organising your purchases, and onward shipping from the local office.
2.3 Feed all relevant materials into the Searchable self-service portal; Support the Dissemination team by taking a lead for your own sections to ensure your market/Region is adequately covered. Success here helps eliminate repetative requests and to focus external demand where it is needed.
2.4 Contribute to the portal, and directly with colleagues, concerning early warning alerts, social media and advertising campaign discoveries, and anything of potential relevance to the competitor landscape.
2.5 Liaison and support as necessary with Group/Market lawyer(s) when a contentious product claim or campaign is under investigation or challenge.
2.6 Use enterprise standard analytics tools, such as Tableau, to deliver consistent data outputs.
2.7 In tune with the budget planning cycle, support the SCIM in preparing for our test and product related expenditure across all categories. Share new ideas with HofCS for non-product spend.
- Demonstrates a commercial awareness that considers the overall business objectives when commenting on the priority and "so what" of a piece of CI.
- Clarifies business purpose with colleagues and tailors solutions that reflect the business priorities.
- Is adaptable and welcomes change and challenge, then plays an active role in finding innovative solutions.
- Task focused and works on own initiative to get things done. Is able to work under pressure and manage multiple stakeholders.
- Works effectively in a team and in cross functional teams to achieve shared objectives.
- Understands the impact their decisions will have on other teams and acts accordingly.
- Identifies opportunities to share knowledge, experience and information which adds value and helps solve problems.
- Is a persuasive presenter to small and large audiences enhancing their own and the team's profile
- Effectively manages relationships with business colleagues and builds trust through collaboration resulting in early involvement in business issues.
- Can adapt own behaviour and communication style to suit the context.
- Widely recognised as an expert in their particular field with a depth of knowledge and experience which they apply to deliver complex work.
- Seeks learning and development opportunities.
- Factors in the impact of decisions and activity on own team, teams across the business and alignment to organisational objectives and goals.
- Builds team spirit and celebrates team success.
At Dyson, it's about more than our machines. We recognise that our success comes from our inventive people. We believe in including everybody and supporting you on your journey with us
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.