- Design and Development
- United Kingdom - Malmesbury Office
At Dyson we push the barriers of engineering every day and challenge convention to develop world class products. To be successful in this we must design products for compliance. This means collaborating at an early stage with design teams where we remove barriers to the global market.
Upon joining the Compliance & Approvals team, it will be your responsibility to provide expertise and advice to support product development to satisfy global approvals. This will primarily be in electrical safety however you will also support EMC, radio, materials requirement & energy efficiency.
A successful candidate will need clear communication and organisational skills to collate all applicable requirements from experts across Dyson. You will lead projects from the global compliance & Approvals team where you will feedback essential updates in a timely manner. You will also be expected to work alongside our state-of-the-art laboratories and support pre-compliance testing to reduce risk to market access.
Skills and Knowledge Required:
- Electrical/Electronic Engineering Degree (or equivalent) with some industry experience preferred
- Previous experience in product regulatory compliance and/or work experience in product design is preferred
- Basic experience working in laboratories testing and writing reports
- Able to read engineering drawings and electrical schematics
- Good organisation and report keeping for managing projects
- Ability to work independently
- Clear communicational skills
- Be confident in shouldering responsibility
- Great inter-personal skills, honest & approachable
- Ability to deliver to deadlines
- Candidate would be keen to develop their skill sets to progress the team
Responsibilities and Accountabilities
- Represent the compliance team during through the milestone process and ensure all deliverables are complete on time
- Ensure all test activities are performed in a timely manner in accordance to test plan and in strict adherence to the appropriate international test standards
- Ensure that the compliance requirements are clearly communicated to project teams
- Evaluate test performance, provide feedback to project design teams regarding issues and/or risks with test results, data sheets and review test and construction data issued by the testing laboratory
- Support, carry out & manage, as appropriate, Safety pre-compliance, Safety compliance and other product related testing in Product Safety and Full Certification for Global Markets
- Carry out test report reviews, providing guidance & interpretation on regulations/safety standards and assessments including testing liaising with Dyson staff globally
- Support during the application phase for preparation of key documentation such as test reports, application forms and technical product documentation
- Support the goals of the Project Delivery Team in collaboration with the senior members of the team
- Collaborate with approval agencies and third-party test laboratories for the purposes of obtaining testing, evaluation services and product certification
- Integrates continuous improvement concepts and techniques into all aspects of the job/project delivery activities.
Dyson is an equal opportunity employer. We know that great minds don’t think alike, and it takes all kinds of minds to make our technology so unique. We welcome applications from all backgrounds and employment decisions are made without regard to race, colour, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other any other dimension of diversity.
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.