- Compliance and approvals
- Johor Bahru - Malaysia
The team is responsible to ensure that all Dyson products are in compliance with all relevant Safety, Materials and EMC regulations, standards and legislations. These include testing and certification based on commonly adopted international regulation and standards (IEC/UL Standards and etc.) as well as country/region specific legislations (CE/EU directives, DENAN, REACH, RoHS, Prop65 and etc.). We monitor and guide design engineers to ensure that all Dyson products are safe and we liaise with the relevant authority in every country we market our products, providing them with all certificates and other requisites to allow sales in that particular country. We work closely with TUV, Intertek, SGS and other independent and accredited test service providers.
About the role
- Determines product safety approval test scope, develops a preliminary plan of compliance, and determines project specifications such as cost, lead time, and sample requirements by analysing product category available supplemental data, product specification and construction (with UK team).
- Involved and ensure all the test activities are carried out strictly according to the appropriate international test standards for home appliances (UL / IEC / EN / JIS / EU directives).
- Examines test samples, read and understand the blueprints, schematics, wiring diagrams, and operational instructions. Evaluates test performance, provides feedback to project design team regarding issues and/or problems with test, data sheets and reviews test and construction data
- Consolidated findings or any non-compliance / test concerns to be discuss with Senior Safety Compliance Engineer / Safety Compliance Manager before communicating to the Project Design Team for immediate attention.
- Working with Approvals Authorities such as BEAB-UK, CQC-China, JET-JP, and SIRIM/ST-Malaysia for product certification that including product Safety Audit. To responsible for product safety certification maintenance as well.
- Attain compliance by isolating and resolving non-compliance issues; recommending product and process changes.
- Develop compliance plans by researching, analyzing, selecting, and applying compliance engineering concepts, approaches, techniques;
- Degree or equivalent experience in an electrical/electronic discipline.
- At least 2 years experience on a broad range of Product Safety Compliance duties
- Understanding of International Safety standards such as IEC, UL, GB and EN
- Being able to identify the true cause of problems and to apply the required analytical skills in order to solve them efficiently
- Able to work independently with supervision.
- Highly motivated, internally driven individual with good communication skills, good planning and organizing capabilities and able to work within a team.
- Detailed knowledge of the technical vocabulary common to the appropriate discipline.
BenefitsDyson Malaysia monitors the market to ensure competitive salaries, bonuses and pension contributions. Beyond that, you’ll enjoy generous leave, a transport allowance and medical care and insurance. But financial benefits are just the start of a Dyson career. Rapid professional growth, leadership development and new opportunities abound, driven by regular reviews and dynamic workshops. And with a vibrant culture, the latest devices and a relaxed dress code reflecting our engineering spirit, it’s an exciting team environment geared to fuelling and realizing ambition.
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.