- Research Engineering
- Malmesbury - United Kingdom
Dyson is a global technology enterprise. We solve the problems others choose to ignore, with surprising new inventions that defy convention and simply work better.We’re driven by progress and thrive on the challenge of relentless improvement. We’re growing fast and our ambition is huge – more categories, more locations and more people.
About the roleYou will be a part of the Global Compliance and Approvals Team. We remove the barriers to accessing markets to make sure that Dyson products are not kept off the market by regulations and standards.
We are responsible for ensuring that all Dyson products comply with all relevant regulations, standards and legislation in over 90 countries. This covers, but is not limited to, the following areas:
- Electromagnetic Compatibility,
- Radio Frequency,
- Energy Efficiency,
- Basic Safety,
- Functional Safety,
- Banned and Restricted Substances and
We use internationally recognised standards to demonstrate compliance as well as country or region specific standards.
As part of our Compliance and Approvals team, you will work in our internal EMC and Radio test facilities to verify compliance by preparing and testing prototypes. You will also assist with liaison to the relevant Regulatory Authorities in the countries we market our products, providing them with Test Reports, Applications and Technical Documentation to support Certifications for each market.
We work closely with independent accredited test service providers to make sure that our route to compliance for our innovative technologies is understood and accepted.
- Carry out Radio pre-compliance, EMC compliance and other product related testing in EMC and Radio disciplines.
- Ensure all test activities are performed in a timely manner in accordance to test plan and in strict adherence to the appropriate international test standards
- Evaluate test performance, provide feedback to project design teams regarding issues and/or risks with test results, data sheets and review test and construction data issued by the testing laboratory.
- Support during the application phase for preparation of key documentation such as Test Reports, Application forms and technical Product documentation
- Collaborate with Compliance & Approvals Manager for major failures and test concerns. Ensure all failures are recorded and reported through appropriate communication methods to Design Teams for immediate attention.
- Collaborate with approval agencies and third party test laboratories for the purposes of obtaining testing, evaluation services and product certification.
- Integrates continuous improvement concepts and techniques into all aspects of the job.
- Perform other duties as directed.
- Experience of working in a similar product approvals role
- EMC and Radio knowledge for understanding dependencies and to work across multiple projects
- Background in Radio Compliance and understanding Radio Technologies (typically Wi-Fi, Bluetooth and RFID)
- Degree or equivalent in an Engineering or Electronics/Telecommunications related subjects
- Familiarity with International standards, conformity assessment, approvals certification processes and associated legislation.
- Experience of Requirements and assessing that they have been met through testing, inspection and documentation
- The ability to communicate complex technical information simply
- Demonstrate confident and persuasive communication skills
- The ability to work independently and escalate risks and issues appropriately.
- Detailed knowledge of the technical vocabulary common to the appropriate discipline.
- 27 days holiday plus eight statutory bank holidays
- Pension scheme
- Performance related bonus
- Life assurance
- Sport centre
- Free on-site parking
- Subsidised café and restaurants
- Discounts on Dyson machines
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.