- Regulatory and Compliance
- Singapore - Technology Centre
Dyson is a global technology company with a unique philosophy - to solve problems that others ignore, first. It transforms every category it enters with radical and iconic re-inventions that work, perform and look very different.
Dyson is rapidly expanding; in its new and core categories, and across all of its global markets. The next five years are going to be Dyson’s biggest and busiest yet.
By 2025, there will be 100 new machines, 3 new product portfolios and Dyson’s headcount will have grown. With this pace of growth, these ambitious plans, and the complexities of global expansion, it is natural that Dyson is now thinking about the best ways to organize itself and manage its exciting new product ranges to best effect.
About the Role
This role is based in Singapore, reporting to Managing Director, SEA with a dotted line to Compliance & Approvals. This role is primarily responsible for delivering ongoing regulatory compliance for products, processes and services within the SEA region.
The role is responsible for understanding and defining the regulatory requirements within the SEA region and ensuring that all activities and processes are in place to maintain ongoing compliance.
Internally, the role interfaces with a range of group functions, including Compliance & Approvals, Legal, Quality, Supply Chain and Operations category & engineering teams. The role also includes extensive contact with market regulators, Certification Bodies, industry associations and standards bodies. To maintain gap-free compliance, the dotted-line link to Compliance & Approvals will ensure close collaboration.
Research, identify and document the local regulatory requirements for proposed products and feed these requirements into the C&A process
Maintain a close understanding of the market regulatory landscape to identify potential changes, threats & opportunities coming from the regulatory environment
Maintain a good understanding of the potential technology direction of Dyson in order to understand threats & opportunities within the regulations
Maintain local documentation & records to ensure ongoing compliance
Host any regulatory audit activities and lead any post-audit activity
Develop and maintain excellent working relationships with the key players in the local regulatory landscape, including: regulatory bodies, certification bodies, and others involved in the regulatory process
Engage, where appropriate, with the local industry bodies and standardization committees to understand local trends and influence where possible
Collaborate with other Dyson teams to continuously improve the effectiveness of the regulatory processes
Support technical retailer onboarding of product SKU’s
Experience with customs clearance documentation and activities
Support establishing Dyson as appropriate business registrations for transport, production, seller/reseller, disposal/recycling of goods and activities
Support marketing strategies to ensure compliance with appropriate regulations
Supporting call centre inquires to provide technical explanations for customers and various teams
Carry out graphics and packaging review activities to ensure compliance with market requirements
Maintain local market access registrations and activities
Be the technical representative/point of contact for product approval and market activities
Maintain a risk register and lead the closing of local gaps or risks
Report to management on the risks and the status of closing of risks
• Broad expertise in compliance and approvals processes within the SEA region for consumer products and other more highly regulated products (or similar)
• Experience of product approvals and testing
• Excellent knowledge of the local regulatory authorities and their processes
• An expert in understanding and interpreting industry standards
• Excellent creative problem-solving and project management skills
• 5 years + experience of product approvals
• Graduate or post-graduate degree in a science or engineering
• Excellent communication in English and fluency in the local language(s) (both written and verbal).
• Experience in standards development and technical committees
• Technical, personal and business credibility to work effectively with cross functional teams and at different levels inside the organization.
• Excellent creative problem solving skills
• Ability to adapt plans to changing environments
• Excellent project management skills
• Detail orientated
• Excellent collaboration skills
• Ability to work independently with minimal oversight
• Accountability – demonstrated through ownership and continuous achievement of ambitious goals
• Disciplined problem solver
• Collaborates across engineering, global and organization teams
• Perseveres to get the best result. Is tireless. Has a passion for success and overcoming obstacles
• Has excellent influencing capability – especially with external bodies
Dyson monitors the market to ensure competitive salaries and pension contributions. Beyond that, you’ll also enjoy a profit-related bonus, generous leave and life insurance. But financial benefits are only the start of a Dyson career. Rapid professional growth, leadership development and new opportunities abound, driven by regular reviews and dynamic workshops. And with a vibrant culture, flexible working hours, the latest devices and a relaxed dress code reflecting our engineering spirit, it’s an exciting team environment geared to creativity, innovation and ambition.
Dyson is an equal opportunity employer. We know that great minds don’t think alike, and it takes all kinds of minds to make our technology so unique. We welcome applications from all backgrounds and employment decisions are made without regard to race, colour, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other any other dimension of diversity.
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.