- Science and Research
- Singapore - St James Power Station Headquarters
The Machine Learning team, responsible for delivering tangibly intelligent products across all categories at Dyson, is looking for a Computer Vision Engineer to join the SG team. You will be working within a global, diverse, highly skilled and multi-functional machine learning team; conceiving and delivering technology right at the beginning of our product development cycle.
Working alongside researchers, engineers and designers, we blend cutting-edge machine learning and artificial intelligence techniques with an in-depth understanding of user behaviours. We utilise anonymised data from our connected devices and build prototype rigs to conduct rigorous qualitative and quantitative experiments and trials, inventing novel solutions to 'impossible' problems.
You will play a pivotal role in a rapidly growing team, developing intelligent features for our existing product categories, or enabling core functionality in our future products that most can’t even imagine.
About the role
· Work alongside researchers, engineers and designers to design, develop and deliver cutting edge machine vision capabilities on Dyson’s future products.
· Act as a subject matter expert for computer vision and machine learning techniques, supporting various technical challenges presented across all Dyson product categories.
· Design and develop clean, documented, and easy to maintain code. Integrate software builds with the corporate CI environment where appropriate.
· Progress projects using Dyson’s research milestone process; conduct and analyse investigations, document and report findings, communicate to key stakeholders, and handover to downstream teams.
· Work independently and as part of a wider team to manage tasks with competing priorities.
· Generate novel intellectual property.
· MSc or PhD in Computer Science, or related STEM field.
· Proven experience in developing and implementing computer vision and deep learning architectures to solve real-world problems.
· In-depth understanding of digital image processing, various image transforms, real time image and video analytics, , tracking, activity recognition and 3D computer vision.
· Highly experienced in coding with python and their respective computer vision ML/Deep Learning libraries.
· Superb research and problem-solving abilities; enthusiasm to learn and share latest methods/techniques within the team.
· Great communication and collaboration skills.
Dyson Singapore monitors the market to ensure competitive salaries and bonuses. Beyond that, you’ll enjoy a transport allowance and comprehensive medical care and insurance. But financial benefits are just the start of a Dyson career. Professional growth, leadership development and new opportunities abound, driven by regular reviews and dynamic workshops. And with a vibrant culture, the latest devices and a relaxed dress code reflecting our engineering spirit, it’s an exciting team environment geared to fuelling and realising ambition. #LI-DYSON
Dyson is an equal opportunity employer. We know that great minds don’t think alike, and it takes all kinds of minds to make our technology so unique. We welcome applications from all backgrounds and employment decisions are made without regard to race, colour, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other any other dimension of diversity.
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.