- United Kingdom - Hullavington Office
Dyson is growing. Fast. More products. New categories. Better experiences.
We are a creative technology company with a global and iconic identity. Our mission is simple: We solve problems others ignore. Engineering exciting new technologies which defy convention and pioneer radical re-inventions that work.
Right now, we have ambitious plans to continue growing our Direct global business. The impact of the recent changes in the world have propelled the opportunity for digital, opening up a host of new avenues and technologies to explore. As part of the Global Commercial function, the Experience Design team is responsible for designing the journey’s that bring our technology and products to life. Creating the best possible experiences at every point in the journey. Delivering the same attention to detail to each interaction as we do in the engineering of our machines. Our focus is on joining the dots across the multiple channels, using our expertise and driving innovation, all to design the seamless digital experiences that set us apart from the competition.
We’re looking for a Senior Experience Designer with a background in user experience (UX) and user interface (UI) design. You’ll have an aptitude for creating visually stunning, user-friendly, accessible designs, working closely with our talented and inspiring Digital Experience team. You’ll be passionate about applying current UX principles to insight-driven, user-centered designs across the full spectrum of Dyson’s digital ecosystem.
As well as working closely with your Experience Design colleagues, you’ll also have the chance to collaborate with other teams within Commercial, and also directly with the engineering and development teams too. You’ll be joining a team of smart, expressive people and given the encouragement, trust and freedom to do the job we love. It’s a fast-paced way of working that will inspire you do the best and most fulfilling work of your career. You’ll get to tackle far-reaching problems with satisfying outcomes and quick turnarounds. Constantly challenging your own thinking to get to the best solution, using insight to drive a better experience.
Something of a digital obsessive with your finger on the pulse of the forever-changing digital world, keeping abreast of the latest industry thinking and ideas, trends and advancements. Always learning and always interested in developing new skills that make you a better designer and communicator.
You’ll know the best way to tackle complex challenges and understand the various components that make up the design and development process. Bringing this knowledge to bear by looking for opportunities to expand our digital output recognizing that it’s not always all about making innovative changes - small optimisations can also have a big impact.
- An initial focus on helping to establish the Dyson Link App as a key owner experience channel.
- Working with our Design Leads to create and evolve new visual solutions. Demonstrating exceptional creative thinking and executional design skills.
- Designing our customer journeys and defining the interactions across all of our digital touchpoints. Taking on board data-driven research to create intelligent and relevant designs across our multiple categories.
- Comfortable in creatively steering a project from initial concept through to delivery, focusing on the experience and interactions we create through beautiful design and intuitive usability.
- Versatile and enjoy working on a variety of projects within the vast array of Dyson’s digital platforms, with an initial focus on the Dyson Link mobile app.
- Working collaboratively with other teams across the organisation and especially within our multi-disciplinary agile-based teams.
- Ensuring all designs work within a responsive framework and are built on our Dyson Design System. Demanding consistency of experience across the multiple touchpoints.
- A champion of best practice, UX principles and advancing our core Dyson Values.
- Confident in presenting and explaining creative ideas to stakeholders and colleagues.
- Actively advancing the development of the team; managing, coaching and providing direction to junior and middleweight designers.
- Five or more years of relevant experience and a proven track record
- A strong portfolio to be presented and walked through during interview
- Experience creating wireframes, prototypes, storyboards and user flows
- Experience using tools such as Photoshop, Sketch, Illustrator, InVision and UXPin
- Experience in responsive design for multiple devices (mobile first)
- Experience working in an agile/scrum development process
- Experience in managing a design team
- Open to receiving objective criticism and improving based upon it
- Nice to have
- Experience in native mobile app design (iOS/Android)
- An awareness of emerging app platforms and ecosystems such as WeChat.
Our culture is unique; dynamic, inventive, technology-obsessed and decidedly un-corporate. The mindset is geared to constant change and our pace brings constant challenge. It’s not easy or comfortable, but it’s this way of working that drives performance. Dyson suits people with the courage and resilience to find their own way, spotting opportunities where others don’t, and having the self-belief to persevere where others give up. “Good enough” isn’t good enough. Experiences are more important than experience. And attitude counts as much as aptitude.
At Dyson, it's about more than our machines. We recognise that our success comes from our inventive people. We believe in including everybody and supporting you on your journey with us
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.