- SGD Competitive Remuneration Package
- Research Engineering, Science
- Singapore - Singapore
This role will sit within our research department alongside a team of specialists covering consumer research and other scientific disciplines. As a team we ensure consumer benefit is at the heart of the innovation process, delivering targeted research to aid in the upstream development process from problem exploration to concept validation. We are looking for a Senior researcher to join our team, helping us build new capabilities through the innovative application of methodologies, delivering meaningful, unobvious insights to Dysons product innovation teams. Exploring exciting new consumer benefits, this role requires a pioneering mind set, excellent communication skills and a scientific approach.
About the role
- Define, plan, execute and analyse consumer studies, to generate knowledge to support key business decisions. Consumer studies could cover a variety of methodologies, including but not limited to quantitative analysis and sensory testing.
- Conduct/ Support research with external partners, managing briefs and timelines in order to deliver fundamental and project specific research.
- Contribute to, and facilitate communication cross functionally (Multi-disciplinary research teams, product design and engineering teams, commercial and local market teams) to enable rapid utilisation of insights and maximum impact for projects in line with overall scope and priorities.
- Work independently to create and execute research plans that ensure Dyson products deliver relevant benefits to our consumers.
- Present research findings to James Dyson and the Executive team when required.
- Expert in consumer science research, with demonstrated ability in quantitative research and personal care sensory research.
- Demonstrated ability in translating consumer insights to technical/ sensory specifications to drive product development and claims
- Familiar with quantitative research software commonly used to analyse consumer and/or clinical studies (e.g. SPSS ) and strong knowledge of statistics
- Experienced in sensory testing, and translation of sensory metrics to quantitative measures to drive product development
- Demonstrated ability in qualitative and/or ethnographic research is a plus
- 3 to 5 years of relevant research experience, with a strong Degree in relevant discipline (Science, Social Science or Engineering background preferred)
BenefitsDyson Singapore monitors the market to ensure competitive salaries and bonuses. Beyond that, you’ll enjoy a transport allowance and comprehensive medical care and insurance. But financial benefits are just the start of a Dyson career. Professional growth, leadership development and new opportunities abound, driven by regular reviews and dynamic workshops. And with a vibrant culture, the latest devices and a relaxed dress code reflecting our engineering spirit, it’s an exciting team environment geared to fuelling and realising ambition.
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.