- Manufacturing and tooling
- Johor Bahru - Malaysia
About the role
- Drives continuous improvement thru 4 levers - visual control systems, management routines, problem solving workshops and key performance indicators in quality, service, empowerment, supply chain, efficiency and capex utilization through rigorous application of standard Lean tools
- Increases overall equipment efficiency (OEE) and total effective equipment productivity (TEEP) through total productive maintenance by eradicating machine and tool breakdowns and micro-stops
- Helps tooling team to manage spare parts ordering and introducing spare part management system
- Design and implement Kamashibai Board and manufacturing productivity improvements
- Utilize Lean Manufacturing Concepts for all plant materials management activities (material and information flows)
- Utilize Continuous Improvement (Kaizen) techniques, initiate process improvements, cycle time reductions, cost reductions and other activities aimed at reducing/eliminating non-value-added activities in the process
- Build relationships across all levels to understand ongoing operational issues and lead improvement and sustainability efforts
- Study, evaluate and apply current trends manufacturing practices
- Lead, coach and manage multiple lean workshop simultaneously •
- Lead value stream mapping exercises to identify and document opportunities to improve the business (current and future state). Develop and execute projects plans in order to achieve the future state
- Influence, collaborate and communicate with all employees and management to drive the indoctrination of these principles and methods into the culture
- Work closely and interface with all functional areas i.e. Operations, Purchasing, Planning, Finance, Human Resources and regional/global business excellence team
- Deploy / share best practices across teams thru “Lean Excellence Day”.
- Maintain and update publicity of Lean notice board, Lean Gallery with (i) Monthly Kaizen submission, Yearly APU winners; (ii) Lean Articles and (iii) Lean Training & Workshop, etc.
- Deploy, monitor and control Key Performance Indicators (KPI)
About youKnowledge Areas and Competencies:
- Ability to communicate with all levels within the organization.
- Ability to weigh and manage priorities.
- Analytical and synthesis skills.
- Flexibility and diplomacy in interpersonal relationships.
- Ability to influence decision-making.
- Delivers on time.
- Organizational skills and ability to multitask (work on several projects at once).
- Proficiency in commonly used and specialized software.
- Degree in Engineering, Operations Management, Business or other related field of study.
- 5 to 10 years’ experience in Lean Manufacturing and Six Sigma preferable
- Holder of Lean Six Sigma Black Belt
- Formal Project Management qualification is desirable
- Incumbent to have manufacturing or product experience.
- Proven experience of leading successful teams and managing projects on time, to specification and within cost constraints
- Knowledge and understanding of manufacturing techniques and limitations is desirable.
BenefitsDyson Malaysia monitors the market to ensure competitive salaries, bonuses and pension contributions. Beyond that, you’ll enjoy generous leave, a transport allowance and medical care and insurance. But financial benefits are just the start of a Dyson career. Rapid professional growth, leadership development and new opportunities abound, driven by regular reviews and dynamic workshops. And with a vibrant culture, the latest devices and a relaxed dress code reflecting our engineering spirit, it’s an exciting team environment geared to fuelling and realizing ambition.
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.