- Manufacturing and tooling
- Johor Bahru - Malaysia
About the role
- Applying knowledge of continuous process improvement for business and operational processes within a high volume manufacturing environment.
- Assist and lead project and change management efforts plus maintain responsibility for process improvement projects.
- Support the execution of continuous process improvement projects and implementation efforts.
- Develop expertise in Lean Six Sigma, Theory of Constraints, and business process reengineering.
- Work on process improvement and data analysis, including Six Sigma methodologies.
- Plan and facilitate structured improvement activities
Involvement in the implementation of a Continuous-Improvement Program:
- Clearly defines program objectives and scope.
- Secures employee commitment for proactive change management.
- Appropriately implements principles of governance. Evaluates and prioritizes potential improvements based on gains and required effort.
- Establishes a clear and well-articulated implementation plan.
- Establishes criteria for the project’s success and prepares a sound statement of constraints.
- Realistically defines specific project charters.
- Resolves technical problems - formulation, equipment, product, interpretation of regulations and resource availability.
- Implements performance indicators and establishes focus groups.
- Appropriately verifies the sustainability of these measures.
Management of Continuous-Improvement Project:
- Conducts a detailed analysis of the current situation and accurately describes the issues.
- Identifies intervention priorities and indicators.
- Secures commitment from process managers and mobilizes other involved parties.
- Specifies deliverables, outcome indicators, and performance-measurement indicators.
- Identifies available resources: people, material, finances, etc.
- Clearly identifies team members and associates, and clarifies their roles and responsibilities.
- Maps out in detail the desired situation.
- Analyses and identifies gaps.
- Clearly and rigorously defines methodology.
- Accurately analyses options as well as their impact and feasibility.
- Specifies obstacles and ways to overcome them from the perspective of continuous improvement.
- Regularly monitors the implementation of solutions to achieve objectives and expected benefits.
Advisory Role and Change Management Support:
- Scrupulously analyses the issues pertaining to a project’s intent, deliverables, and leadership.
- Provides managers with sound advice and support in developing communication strategies.
- Realistically identifies issues and program obstacles.
- Appropriately investigates or analyses constraints and compromises.
- Develops and drafts an action plan tailored to the continuous-improvement project.
- Accurately identifies training needs.
- Imparts relevant work methods and tools.
- Ensures that personnel from concerned departments receive appropriate training or coaching.
- Provides appropriate support to department managers in maintaining implementation of the continuous-improvement initiatives within their respective sectors.
About youKnowledge Areas and Competencies:
- Ability to communicate with all levels within the organization.
- Ability to weigh and manage priorities.
- Analytical and synthesis skills.
- Flexibility and diplomacy in interpersonal relationships.
- Ability to influence decision-making.
- Delivers on time.
- Organizational skills and ability to multitask (work on several projects at once).
- Proficiency in commonly used and specialized software.
- Degree in Engineering, Operations Management, Business or other related field of study.
- 5 years’ experience in Lean Manufacturing and Six Sigma preferable
- Holder of Lean Six Sigma Black Belt
- A formal Project Management qualification is desirable but not essential
- Incumbent to have manufacturing or product experience.
- Proven experience of leading successful teams and managing projects on time, to specification and within cost constraints
- Knowledge and understanding of manufacturing techniques and limitations is desirable.
BenefitsDyson Malaysia monitors the market to ensure competitive salaries, bonuses and pension contributions. Beyond that, you’ll enjoy generous leave, a transport allowance and medical care and insurance. But financial benefits are just the start of a Dyson career. Rapid professional growth, leadership development and new opportunities abound, driven by regular reviews and dynamic workshops. And with a vibrant culture, the latest devices and a relaxed dress code reflecting our engineering spirit, it’s an exciting team environment geared to fuelling and realizing ambition.
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.