- United Kingdom - Malmesbury Office
Dyson is growing. Fast. More products. New categories. More visual communications. We are a creative technology company with a global and iconic identity. Our mission is simple: we solve problems others ignore with exciting new technologies which defy convention.
Communicating our products’ superiority with brevity and presenting ourselves in the right way is essential to selling, protecting identity, and building our hard-earned reputation. And every contact with our owners contributes to the Dyson Experience, so each must reflect our values and philosophy.
The goal of the Copy team is to deliver the Dyson technologies and brand in a dynamic and consistent way across all our global channels. From launching new technology to delivering tactical campaigns, we create memorable integrated experiences, to captivate and inform both new and existing consumers. We aim to stimulate positive actions from our audiences, whether that’s researching our technology, buying a machine, engaging with our social channels, or helping troubleshoot an issue.
We’re looking for a Midweight Copywriter to work in the Direct and Digital team. Reporting to the Head of Copy, you’ll be responsible for creating new copy across a wide variety of digital communications, including working with UX teams and managing enhancements to our website. You’ll be a creative thinker, yet also pragmatic at bringing campaigns to life.
You may be a midweight writer wanting to move into a dynamic, fast-paced role with a leading technology company, or a junior writer looking to make the next step into a mid-weight position.
The Direct and Digital team is focused on delivering an outstanding online user experience, both for existing Dyson product owners and for potential new consumers. The copy team’s role is to write and manage copy for the site, both for the local GB market and for our wider global markets.
- Present work to brief owners and senior stakeholders – articulating ideas and confidently defending proposals with reasoned and evidenced arguments.
- Interrogate creative briefs for the products and technologies you’re writing about.
- Collaborate closely with your colleagues in other teams and work across a range of media to create seamless campaigns.
- Build a thorough understanding of the Dyson story – our heritage, our philosophy, how we talk about ourselves.
- Contribute to the overall Dyson tone of voice, writing copy based in fact, scientific principles and clear consumer benefits – not marketing jargon or spin.
- Take responsibility for the basics – grammar, spellchecking and proofing work prior to production.
- Share your knowledge within the Copy team and the wider business, to constantly improve copy at Dyson.
- 3+ years of experience in a reputable creative agency, in-house team or with a proven track record as a freelance writer, preferably with experience of writing technology copy.
- An inherent skill for storytelling and understanding of narrative structure as a means to engage and absorb people on a human level.
- Ability to question a brief and highlight key creative challenges or opportunities.
- Experience of working on digital and print campaigns.
- Excellent copywriting, editing, and literacy skills, including spelling and grammar, with an obsessive eye for detail.
- Knowledge of SEO and understanding of performance and analytical tools.
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel, and knowledge of Adobe and web software.
- Ability to quickly develop an understanding of Dyson, its engineering ethos and visual identity and to judge what makes good Dyson communication.
Dyson monitors the market to ensure competitive salaries and pension contributions. Beyond that, you’ll also enjoy a profit-related bonus, generous leave and life insurance. But financial benefits are only the start of a Dyson career. Rapid professional growth, leadership development and new opportunities abound, driven by regular reviews and dynamic workshops. And with a vibrant culture and a relaxed dress code reflecting our engineering spirit, it’s an exciting team environment geared to creativity, innovation and ambition.
At Dyson, it's about more than our machines. We recognise that our success comes from our inventive people. We believe in including everybody and supporting you on your journey with us
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.