- Business Development
- Singapore - Technology Centre
Dyson is a technology and engineering pioneer and currently operates in the categories of Floorcare, Environmental Control (“Air Multiplier” bladeless fans/heaters/humidifiers/purifiers), Lighting, and Professional (“Airblade” hand dryers). Dyson began 27 years ago with James Dyson and a handful of engineers questioning everyday products, thinking differently and making them better.
Dyson invented the world’s first bagless vacuum with Root Cyclone™ technology, and also the bladeless fans with Air Amplifier™ technology. Currently, Dyson holds 4,550 patents and patents holding, and has a team of over 2,000 engineers and scientists. Dyson also holds a Queen’s Award for Innovation.
Dyson vacuum cleaners are now available in 70 countries worldwide, and on average one machine is sold every 5 seconds. 90% of our machines are sold overseas, this was 30% just 10 years ago. Dyson was recently awarded the Queen’s Award for International Trade, which reflects the company’s growth over the last few years. We are now the world's number one vacuum cleaner manufacturer by value in the UK, US, Western Europe, Japan, Hong Kong, Taiwan, Singapore, and Australia.
“That’s really what Dyson is all about – new thinking to solve everyday problems.” - James Dyson
Overview – Dyson Asia
Dyson has set a regional office for Southeast Asia in Singapore. The Singapore office will provide the vision and strategy to Dyson’s business in Southeast Asia, covering key markets such as Singapore, Malaysia, and growth/new markets such as Thailand, Indonesia, Philippines and Vietnam.
Working as part of a dedicated team on the ground in Singapore, this role reports to the Sales Director, SEA.
About the Role
Main Responsibilities – including but not limited to:
- Working closely with the Distributor Markets Lead and Sales Director to develop and implement tailored plans to drive volume and profit growth of our consumer products across our Developing SEA Markets; currently Indonesia, Thailand, Vietnam, Malaysia, and the Philippines. Lead and collaborate with distributor partners to create and implement successful sales and marketing plans.
- Communicate product specifications, build demonstration & ecommerce excellence, understand the distributor P&L, manage value proposition, sales process, and marketing strategy to Dyson team in distributor businesses and work closely with SEA sales leadership on overall strategy to support the growth and success of this growing region.
Develop and deliver clear execution plans by markets
- Translate Dyson’s commercial goals into a detailed set of execution plans with distributors which focus on ‘controllable inputs’, getting specific about what both the distributor and Dyson will do. Ensure inputs are consistent with Dyson’s SEA strategy and goals, and check the inputs deliver the commercial plan
- Deliver and monitor progress vs. plans
- Manage brand investment budgets, calculating ROIs to reinforce effectiveness of future activities
- Collaborate with Dyson Marketing and PR teams to ensure delivery of brand building activities on time and in a manner consistent with Dyson standards
- Share global best practice across SEA markets
Build capability of Dyson teams within distributor organisations
- Drive and monitor distributor's hiring of dedicated Dyson resource within their organisations, based on plans agreed with Dyson
- Coach and train local Dyson team on Dyson DNA, brand guidelines, our technologies and the ‘Dyson basics’ across retail and demonstration.
- Prepare, coordinate and deliver a training programme across the region, including train the trainer and Dyson ‘Academies’
- Design and drive Dyson Expert monitoring and assessment methodologies to improve conversion
- Review and react to market share data where available. Maintain knowledge of industry trends, competing or complementary technologies and competitive threats
Ongoing sales & forecast management of distributor partners
- Report Sales versus Budget and explain performance on a weekly and monthly basis with recovery plans if necessary.
- Track Distributor performance and measure through sales KPIs (Retail Sales, eCommerce Sales, Sell in, Stores expansion)
- Collaborate with the IBD Supply Chain team and DMSB to ensure effective build plans are in place
- Ensure accurate rolling forecasts and timely orders are placed by each Distributor
- BA in Business or related discipline or equivalent work experience and a minimum of 7-10 years of related experience. Experience in Indonesia and the ability to converse in Bahasa Indonesia and fluency in English strongly preferred.
- Previous sales experience with disruptive technology and vision selling strongly preferred, including proven ability to achieve sales goals
- Hands-on experience of (trade) customer engagement preferred
- Strong analytical skills – must be numerate
- Able to manage complex projects
- Successful track record of launching new and disruptive technologies
- Excellent written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to adapt to changing work priorities; and ability to maintain good working relationships while dealing appropriately with sensitive and confidential matters and with a wide variety of personal contacts
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office software including familiarity with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook required
- Ability to work independently and travel 30% of the time including occasional weekends for conferences and events
Dyson Singapore monitors the market to ensure competitive salaries and bonuses. Beyond that, you’ll enjoy a transport allowance and comprehensive medical care and insurance. But financial benefits are just the start of a Dyson career. Professional growth, leadership development and new opportunities abound, driven by regular reviews and dynamic workshops. And with a vibrant culture, the latest devices, and a relaxed dress code reflecting our engineering spirit, it’s an exciting team environment geared to fueling and realizing ambition.
Dyson is an equal opportunity employer. We know that great minds don’t think alike, and it takes all kinds of minds to make our technology so unique. We welcome applications from all backgrounds and employment decisions are made without regard to race, colour, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other any other dimension of diversity.