- Mexico - Mexico City Office
Dyson is a global technology enterprise. We solve the problems others choose to ignore, with surprising new inventions that defy convention and simply work better. We’re growing fast and our ambition is huge – more categories, more locations and more people. Dyson launched in Mexico in 2018 as our first step in to Latin America. Our Mexico office is located in the Polanco area of Mexico City and our expanding team is a key contributor in helping us deliver growth throughout the market.
About the role:
The Country Security Manager, Mexico (CSM) will be the focal point for all security related activities and incident response for Dyson’s premises and operations within Mexico. The position leads the Security Operations Team (including oversight of outsourced security personnel) in securing Dyson’s main premises in Mexico (including Mexico Advance Manufacturing/Warehouse and all other assets. The role will necessarily require the individual to actively monitor emerging and existing threats to the business and to realise Group Security strategic programs and processes within Mexico to mitigate those threats. The CSM also coordinates support, whenever necessary, from other areas of Dyson Group Security (including Security Training, Insider Risk, Information Security, Profit Protection and Technical Security).
The qualified candidate will report directly to the Regional Security Manager, AMERICAS.
Role and Responsibilities
- Develops, aligns, and maintains all aspects of the Mexico Security Operations programme
- Leads all members of Mexico Security Operations team (Shift Leads, Shift Officers, Relief Officers, Day Officers)
- Oversees security provision for the all-Dyson sites and new projects within Mexico.
- Supports the Regional Security Manager (AMERICAS) in aligning with the wider Dyson Security Strategy, taking the Group and Regional strategies, and shaping them to the specific needs of Mexico Dyson environment
- Coordinates with all stakeholders (internal and external) to ensure that the local security provision is fit for purpose, continually meets the needs of the organisation, is well understood and that accountability is clearly defined
- Assists in the delivery of relevant security awareness campaigns to drive cultural change in the organisation regarding security best practice
- Develops external communication links between other relevant Mexico business and government agencies to share intelligence/information regarding criminal and any other activity which could affect the business
- Works with the Technical Security team to plan and ensure the technical security provisions for Mexico sites are fit for purpose, fully operational and well maintained
- In consultation with Regional Security Manager, develops change projects and programmes to address specific security issues. Leads/supports in the governance of those projects and programmes - drives delivery, monitors progress and unsticks issues and blockers
- Supports and challenges other Dyson departments on their progress towards security objectives. Identifies and supports delivery of action plans to address shortfalls
- Develops security-based performance reports covering Dyson’s main Mexico premises that contain key performance indicators to support the activity
- Accountable for all Mexico sites Major Incident Management planning/training, providing leadership during major incidents
- Constantly drives positive behaviours (aligned with Dyson Code and Values) amongst all members of the Mexican Security Operations Team
- Maintains a flexible vision of the future
- Builds positive partnership skills through effective communications
- Manages a diverse range of stakeholders and in doing so, ensure all needs are qualified, understood and provisioned in a proportional and cost-effective manner
- Realises strategic business planning objectives through to very tactical level delivery
- Continually assesses existing systems and approach, rationalising where necessary and implementing new, more efficient methods and cost-effective solutions where appropriate.
- Must have sound judgment and discretion
- Willingness to take initiative and make continuous improvements
- Able to maintain composure in demanding environment and cope with a high degree of change and growth
- Understand diverse stakeholder and job requirements and independently determine what tasks need to be accomplished
- Demonstrable experience of operating effectively in a fast-paced commercial environment
- Strong understanding of industry specific legislations and compliance requirements.
- Subject matter expertise in physical security systems and technology, to include surveillance/detection systems, access control systems, control room environments, alarm monitoring, counter surveillance, drone technology, radio procedures
- Proven experience with intellectual asset protection / security related area
- Demonstrable work experience in global, multi-national organisation
Mexico FT Benefits Package
Dyson is an equal opportunity employer. We know that great minds don’t think alike, and it takes all kinds of minds to make our technology so unique. We welcome applications from all backgrounds and employment decisions are made without regard to race, colour, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other any other dimension of diversity.