- Security and Risk
- Malmesbury - United Kingdom
Dyson’s policy is to conduct all of our business in a legal, ethical and responsible manner. We are not satisfied with just being compliant, we want to be better and Health and Safety is no exception. We recognise that there must be continual improvement in Health and Safety to maintain a five star experience that protects and enables our employees, visitors, owners, shoppers and our business partners.
The Global Health and Safety Team provides competent advice, support, assistance and assurance throughout Dyson. They also develop and continually improve the Global Health and Safety Management System.
About the role
- To carry out temperature checks across our campuses; this will mainly focus on Malmesbury, Hullavington and Chippenham. There may be occasional visits to Bristol.
- Follow correct protocols should a member of staff have a high temperature and or report that they are not feeling very well.
- To keep records of the number of temperatures checks carried out per location per day.
- To carry out Behavioural Observations across our campuses; with the emphasis on ensuring that staff are following our Covid-19 Safe Working Practices.
- Carry out any intervenes as per the Covid-19 Safe Working Practices. This will follow the 4 E’s -Engage, Encourage, Educate and Enforce.
- To keep records of the behavioural observations and to complete the weekly report for senior management.
- Delivering training to other members of staff who wish to become a Behavioural Observers.
- Working with members of Estates Team to adjust our campuses as per changes to government and or Dyson policy; thus, ensuring our premises are Covid secure.
- Pro-actively work within the team to improve our Covid-19 Safe Working Practices, this includes reviewing the risk assessment, Safe Working Handbook and staff intranet.
- Good communicator; ability to convey the message concisely and accurately.
- Good analytical skills; to be able to assess problems thoroughly and drive logical conclusions.
- Confident; comfortable with interacting with senior managers where necessary.
- Credible; ability to demonstrate a level of competence with reference to Covid-19 in order to gain stakeholder confidence.
- Assertive; prepared to act where required.
- Ability to deliver training in a clear and concise manner with confidence.
Experience / Qualifications / Professional Memberships:
- Desirable – experience of working within Occupational Health or Health & Safety role
- The role holder will need to demonstrate flexibility in their approach and maintain a proactive cando attitude and work towards the success of the whole Dyson team and not just the functional area.
- Be an ambassador, vocal advocate, influencer and presence for Health and Safety management.
- Ability to work sensitively, discretely, and effectively across Dyson.
Benefits• 27 days holiday plus eight statutory bank holidays
• Pension scheme
• Performance related bonus
• Private medical insurance
• Life assurance
• Sport centre
• Free on-site parking
• Subsidised café and restaurants
• Discounts on Dyson machines
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.