- Japan - Tokyo Office
Dyson is a global technology company on a mission to improve peoples’ lives; whether that be by engineering high performance technology to keep their floors and air clean – to patented beauty innovation to style their hair.
Dyson Creative Team; Japan
The Creative Hub is Japan’s own internal creative team – a mini inhouse agency that allows us to create quality materials in timely manner.
It creates many of the marketing and advertising assets which brings Dyson products to life – from new product launches, local campaigns, sales promotions, events, exhibitions, retail fixtures, online/digital materials and contents for social platform.
About the Role
The role of Creative Hub Manager within the team is to offer a high level of input to projects as well as to lead and motivate JP creative team for better performance, based on experience and knowledge gained through the graphics, advertising, online design and film making industries.
Creative development, concept building and production of projects that cover all the consumer shopper journey including print, on-line/digital assets, 3D fixtures and movie contents, to the specification and timescales defined.
Managing creative team: Improve ways of working. Communicate with creative team and brief owners/stakeholders to control projects on daily basis. Support team members in ideation and developing presentation deck in English.
- Understanding Dyson’s strategy and tactical direction for the Japanese market: Absorb Dyson communications strategies from key marketing stakeholders.
- Creative Brief development: Work with the Creative Lead, Japan Marketing team and other brief owners to scope and develop creative briefs for the projects.
- Brief creation: When a brief has been approved, meet with the brief owner to discuss and agree the scope, shape and define the brief.
- Creative progress: Ensure the concepts and designs measure up to Dyson standards and brief owner’s needs. Answer the brief by interrogating the solutions presented. Take lead of the projects and give directions to external production partners.
- Channel integration: Appreciate each type of media and what they can bring to the overall campaign and ensure that the work is integrated (either creatively or if not certainly strategically) across all the media channels.
- Prepare presentation deck for the project and convince every stakeholder that creative message/solution in each funnel is appropriate. Align with CoE and Global creative team.
- Use creative skills and knowledge to deliver creative solutions that answer the business objective. Take creative lead on campaign briefs when required. Investigating creative ideas and developing the concepts into working solutions. Develop working solutions to meet strategic marketing objectives.
- Ensure the creative solutions are visually/typographically refined and up to Dyson standard.
- Refine the design by taking the concept to the next level of creative, from rough solutions to refined design.
- Support the team in delivering/giving directions to work for a broad range of items including films, in-store POS, 3D fixtures, PR items, landing pages, digital banners and social contents through strong working relationships with all functions.
- Maintain consistent working style within guidelines.
- Complete work within the timescales agreed and adhere to the schedules developed for production.
- Over 10 years of experience in creative area
- Excellent Written and Verbal communication in Japanese and English
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Comprehensive skills in Illustrator, Photoshop, After Effects, Premiere
- Digital and social platform knowledge
- Ability to work within guidelines
Dyson is an equal opportunity employer. We know that great minds don’t think alike, and it takes all kinds of minds to make our technology so unique. We welcome applications from all backgrounds and employment decisions are made without regard to race, colour, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other any other dimension of diversity.