- Information Technology
- United States - Chicago Office
Dyson Business Services (DBS) provides process and service excellence to support Dyson’s growth ambitions with a goal of operating and enhancing services over time to meet the changing needs of the business. Our Workplace Technology Services (WTS) Team exists to:
- Deliver world class employee experience of delivery of IT Service Desk, collaboration, and end user compute services to Dyson’s global employees (circa 15,500 users). Our Customers are our Dyson colleagues.
- Drive continual improvement into the WTS processes and operations in line with Dyson’s growth.
- Establish and maintain strong relationships with the employee and business stakeholders, ensuring regular communication of service requirements, service improvements, risks, service changes, service outages and service issues.
- Work with project teams to help ensure new WTS and capabilities are successfully introduced to add value for the business and user community.
- Deliver service for workplace technology operations that ensure simple and effective solutions for end users.
The Customer Care Ambassador (CCA) role:
Reporting to the Head of IT Customer Care, this person is proactive with experience of driving the best care for internal customers in Workplace Technology Services. It is likely that this role will grow to take on a wider Customer Care portfolio across other service lines in DBS.
CCAs deliver solutions to meet customers’ requirements, improves the way people work and simplifies access to workplace solutions. This person will use their knowledge and feedback received from customers to drive transformation of services leading to increased effectiveness and quality of Workplace Technology Services.
The objective of a CCA is to be responsible for the customer engagement, experience, and satisfaction levels, with a core focus on driving improvement in delivery quality and effectiveness, addressing customer’s feedback and needs. To deliver this objective, the key responsibilities include:
- Deliver excellence in customer experience and how that can be delivered to all WTS customers across the Americas region. Have a customer-first service driven mindset. This includes the quality, timeliness and frequency of communication and is measured through the lens of the customer to ensure that perception aligns with reality.
- Understanding the experience and needs of customers, ensuring service delivery is aligned with business needs, prioritising desired and agreed stakeholders’ requirements.
- Understand key challenges and goals of each of Dyson’s main business areas together with the role WTS plays in supporting Customers (end users), executives and the Dyson Family to meet these goals.
- Be the local point of contact (in the Americas region) to raise concerns with the WTS service, prioritisation of Requests and then ensuring these projects, Requests and Incidents are proactively and successfully executed by the teams responsible. This role should be regarded as being someone who is an “owner, fixer and enabler”. This means ensuring the efficient and proactive coordination of issues, removal of barriers, escalating appropriately, holding others to account, and where necessary, acting as liaison between other parts of WTS, DBS and wider IT functions.
- Act as the Voice of the Customer back into WTS and DBS, examining and challenging current ways of working, understanding and aligning the WTS service with business needs and driving adoption of WTS change in the business. This requires collaboration with Digital Workplace Solutions to suggest and deliver innovations that will improve the experience of Customers.
- Through working closely with the regional Customer communities together with teams from the business to develop and deliver short, medium, and long-term plans for improving the effectiveness and efficiency of WTS, implementing the plan, and delivering completion of the plan.
- Supporting stakeholders and their teams through periods of technology change. This involves working with Dyson IT Project teams (both within DBS and IT overall), who are introducing new workplace technology services and capabilities, to ensure that business requirements and change impacts have been fully considered throughout the project. This includes user aspects such as useability, reliability, performance and ensuring that business change, communication, user adoption and effective early life support is not forgotten in the process and that this work is done from project onset, not just when the capability is introduced.
- Be data-insight driven in assessing and improving the Customer experience of WTS. Use and leverage other available quantitative and qualitative data sources to help identify initiatives and make recommendations for improvement. Encourage this data-insight approach within the WTS teams.
- Identify and review key risks impacting end users and proactively ensure they are being managed and resolved effectively by relevant IT teams and ensure that your customer care ambassadors are managing this effectively within their regions. Hold the service teams to account for successful risk and issue mitigation, where necessary organising proactive additional business and user support required from the service operations teams.
- Be continually aware of service performance including real-time service status - key risks, issues, service challenges, changes and KPI performance. Prepare and be prepared to act on issues and take remedial action.
Person specification / Core Competencies:
- A person with genuine passion for exceptional customer experiences. Demonstrated strength in managing or working with customer support organisations and operations.
- Proven change management skills and techniques. Possess very strong interpersonal communication skills being able to interact across all levels including Director and above.
- Be a service owner and evangelist – always on top of service status and challenges, proactively leading the service. Always challenging yourself and WTS team members on improving the service to Customers.
- Understanding of workplace service technologies, IT service management and IT operations although experience in other industries also welcome.
- Confident leadership and a positive attitude.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Proficient with using data to drive decision making and change behaviours.
- Change management experience.
- Experience of driving cultural and behavioural change, realignment of expectations between providers and receivers of a service.
- Excellent senior stakeholder management skills, including ability to negotiate, influence decision making, inform about risks, challenges and deliver good news stories.
- Over 5 years relevant experience improving Customer Experience.
- Comfortable with ambiguity.
- Advantage if the person has previously worked in Digital Workplace Solutions for a global company.
Dyson is an equal opportunity employer. We know that great minds don’t think alike, and it takes all kinds of minds to make our technology so unique. We welcome applications from all backgrounds and employment decisions are made without regard to race, colour, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other any other dimension of diversity.