- Johor Bahru - Malaysia
The Customs and International Trade Group (CITG) is a global organization based in the UK and Southeast Asia and falls under Tax, Treasury, & Customs (TTC) organization under Finance. CITG charter is to “Ensure and maintain Dyson compliance governing Imports, Exports, and Special Regimes in all jurisdiction while optimizing incentives, facilitating trade, and eliminating/minimizing exposures, consistent with Dyson’s Code”.
About the role
This role drives Dyson's Customs and International Trade compliance and strategic programs in Malaysia and Singapore. This involves ensuring facilitation as well as compliance with local and international regulations. Collaborates with the rest of the Customs and International Trade group and works very closely with Dyson's Singapore Advanced Manufacturing (SAM), Malaysia Advanced Manufacturing (MAM), and Research Design & Development (RDD) operations, other support groups, and all other Dyson business entities to understand and support their businesses through trade analytics, process design and improvements, risk management, trade awareness, and self-compliance.
This role also helps in advancing advocacy agenda with industry associations and government offices such as Customs, Trade, Finance, etc. Champions duty savings through maximizing the use of Free Trade and Preference Trade Agreements in addition to facilitation and compliance consistent with the code. Defines and maintains strategic Customs indicators that drive actions through data.
Ensures compliance with local and international regulations and trade facilitation schemes (e.g. LMW, MES, etc.)
- Champions facilitation without compromising controls and compliance, consistent with The Code
- Helps define and drive compliance and strategic programs to advance Dyson CIT Charter
- Designs and maintains relevant Customs Standard Operating Procedures (SOP); update as required where there are changes to regulations and/or business operations; and ensuring that these SOPs are in line with local and international regulations.
- Collaborates with the rest of the Customs and International Trade group and works very closely with Malaysia Advanced Manufacturing (MAM), Research Design and Development (RDD), Singapore Advanced Manufacturing (SAM) operations, and other support business groups such as Logistics, Procurement, Supply Chain, Legal, etc. to drive programs/projects and solve problems relating to Customs and International Trade
- Helps in advocacy with industry associations and government agencies
- Performs regulatory analysis, data analytics, and process design and improvements, risk management, trade awareness and trainings.
- Defines and maintains strategic Customs indicators that drive actions through data.
- Champions duty savings through maximizing the use of Preferential/Free Trade Agreements (PTA/FTA), Origin applications, and duty planning in addition to trade facilitation and compliance consistent with the Dyson Code.
- Support in managing the brokers in MY and SG operations.
- Proven customs and international trade experience
- Experienced on Free Trade Agreements
- Experience and advanced knowledge of Customs valuation, Customs Classification & Origin Management
- Experienced in Government (Customs) engagement and advocacy and regulatory analysis
- Good understanding of logistics/supply chain
- Good understanding of incoterms
- Must be a self-starter, resilient, flexible and willing to think outside the box
- Able to communicate effectively at all levels, in different mediums
- Excellent attention to detail
- Must be able to work with challenging deadlines and prioritize work effectively
- Great analytical skills
- Good project management skills
- Excellent command of written and spoken English
BenefitsDyson Malaysia monitors the market to ensure competitive salaries, bonuses and pension contributions. Beyond that, you’ll enjoy generous leave, a transport allowance and medical care and insurance. But financial benefits are just the start of a Dyson career. Rapid professional growth, leadership development and new opportunities abound, driven by regular reviews and dynamic workshops. And with a vibrant culture, the latest devices and a relaxed dress code reflecting our engineering spirit, it’s an exciting team environment geared to fuelling and realising ambition.
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.