- Supply Chain and Logistics
- Calamba - Philippines
Dyson offers a unique opportunity for talented individuals for a permanent position in our Philippines Advanced Manufacturing and RDD facility.
Being part of a small but growing team working on the Dyson Digital Motor in the Philippines, this role combines supporting the existing family of Dyson Digital Motors and associated products with the analysis and validation of new motor projects in the run-up to the start of production. This will involve characterisation, test and analysis of motors, power electronic drives and control systems to help to ensure that the final products meet their performance specification before and during the active production lifecycle.Based in Dyson’s Philippines Advanced Manufacturing facility you will be joining the Dyson Digital Motor Drives (DDMD) team within the Dyson Global Electronics organisation. The DDMD team form part of the wider Motors and Power Systems Group and is a significant part of Dyson RDD with a growing team of more than 100 highly skilled engineers, scientists and technicians in its UK, Singapore and Philippines offices. The Group focuses on researching and developing cutting-edge electric motors, drives and control systems for integration into existing and future Dyson products from concept design to fully automated production.
About the role
Drives Dyson's Customs and International Trade compliance and strategic programs in the Philippines. This involves ensuring facilitation as well as compliance of Dyson and its Suppliers in the Philippines with local and international regulations. Collaborates with the rest of the Customs and International Trade group and works very closely with Dyson's Philippines Advanced Manufacturing (PAM), Global Engineering and Operations, Global Manufacturing Engineering, Research Design & Development (RDD), other support groups, and all other Dyson business entities to understand and support their businesses through trade analytics, process design and improvements, risk management, trade awareness, and self-compliance. Helps in advancing advocacy agenda with industry associations and government offices such as Customs, Trade, Finance, etc. Champions duty savings through maximizing the use of Free Trade Agreements in addition to facilitation and compliance consistent with the code. Defines and maintains strategic Customs indicators that drive actions through data.
- Ensures compliance with local and international regulations and trade facilitation schemes (e.g. PEZA, Customs, etc.)
- Champions facilitation without compromising controls and compliance, consistent with The Code
- Helps define and drive compliance and strategic programs to advance Dyson CIT Charter
- Designs and maintains relevant Customs Standard Operating Procedures (SOP); update as required where there are changes to regulations and/or business operations; and ensuring that these SOPs are in line with local and international regulations.
- Collaborates with the rest of the Customs and International Trade group and works very closely with Dyson's Philippines Advanced Manufacturing (PAM), Global Engineering and Operations, Global Manufacturing Engineering, Research Design & Development (RDD), and all other Dyson business entities, and other support business groups such as Logistics, Procurement, Supply Chain, Legal, etc. to drive programs/projects and solve problems relating to Customs and International Trade
- Helps in advocacy with industry associations and government agencies
- Performs regulatory analysis, data analytics, and process design and improvements, risk management, trade awareness and trainings.
- Defines and maintains strategic Customs indicators that drive actions through data.
- Champions duty savings through maximizing the use of Free Trade Agreements (FTA), Origin applications, and duty planning in addition to trade facilitation and compliance consistent with the Dyson Code.
- Support in managing the brokers in Philippine operations.
Key Skills / Experience
- Proven customs and international trade experience
- Experienced on Free Trade Agreements
- Experience with Philippine Economic Authority (PEZA) regulatory and operational requirements
- Experience and advanced knowledge on Customs valuation, Customs Classification & Origin Management
- Experienced in Government (Customs, PEZA) engagement and advocacy and regulatory analysis
- Good understanding of logistics/supply chain
- Good understanding of incoterms
- Must be a self-starter, resilient, flexible and willing to think outside the box
- Able to communicate effectively at all levels, in different mediums
- Excellent attention to detail
- Must be able to work with challenging deadlines and prioritize work effectively
- Great analytical skills
- Good project management skills
- Excellent command of written and spoken English
BenefitsDyson Philippine monitors the market to ensure competitive salaries and bonuses. Beyond that, you’ll enjoy a transport allowance and comprehensive medical care and insurance. But financial benefits are just the start of a Dyson career. Professional growth, leadership development and new opportunities abound, driven by regular reviews and dynamic workshops. And with a vibrant culture, the latest devices and a relaxed dress code reflecting our engineering spirit, it’s an exciting team environment geared to fuelling and realizing ambition
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.