- Malmesbury - United Kingdom
About the roleWorking closely with everyone at Dyson - from sales and finance, to legal, marketing, RDD and more - our Tax & Treasury team develop critical knowledge of the business, and our future plans. Relying on this understanding, and their deep expertise, to ensure that our tax commitments are met, while managing Dyson's cash liquidity and foreign exchange positions. As custodians of our corporate and legal structure, they also support Dyson operations in territories around the world. And as we grow, this challenge - and the team's need for dynamic people who don't shy away from them - grows with it.
- Providing cover to Customs Coordinator for transmission of customs clearance data to HMRC for import and customs warehousing shipments via duty management software, ensuring all legislative requirements are met.
- Providing weekly tariff classification data to the business
- Being the focal point for ad-hoc customs queries from the business
- Annual review of AEO authorisation
- Monthly monitoring and reporting on global customs financial activity
- Analysing weekly key master data reports and resolving issues
- Analysing and reporting on monthly performance of an external supplier to ensure service levels are met and resolve issues
- Lead monthly business review calls with external supplier and Dyson markets.
- Supporting the Customs & International Trade Manager on a wide range of customs projects, issues and opportunities arising in the UK and Internationally
- Liaise with key internal and external stakeholders to resolve issues
About youYou must be an organised, motivated, and resilient person, who enjoys problem solving and has a flexible and imaginative approach to achieving results. You are a good communicator who gets on well with people. You will be a proactive person with plenty of initiative, and be expected to take ownership of your duties, seeing them through to the desired result.
The Customs Analyst will have:
- Experience in customs compliance, tariff classification, import and export processes, including CHIEF and CFSP
- Strong time management skills to juggle competing priorities in a tight time frame with limited resources
- Excellent organisational skills with the ability to multi-task activities involving numerous details
- Great communication skills
- Good problem-solving skills
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- Good database skills (SAP used in-house) and computer literacy in Microsoft office
- Experience of AEO and customs warehousing would be an advantage
- 27 days holiday plus eight statutory bank holidays
- Pension scheme
- Performance related bonus
- Private medical insurance
- Life assurance
- Sport centre
- Free on-site parking
- Subsidised café and restaurants
- Discounts on Dyson machines
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.