- Malmesbury - United Kingdom
About the roleYou will collaborate with a wide range of internal stakeholders its business support groups, suppliers and distributors, advising them on a wide range of international customs matters, monitor compliance and support them through training and awareness programs, maximize trade facilitation, optimize duty savings, and manage and develop the UK based customs team. The role also includes managing the global customs broker and leading and delivering on smaller customs specific projects, working with your team and the business, deliver duty savings, trade facilitation and process improvement under Dyson’s “Code”, whilst ensuring all legal obligations throughout the world are met.
The successful candidate will be technically competent with a proven track record in delivering results and have excellent people management skills.
You will be part of Dyson’s global customs and international trade team, reporting to the Head of Customs in the UK. This is an excellent opportunity to make a difference in a global, innovative technology company.
- Support RDD, the business and markets on all customs technical matters
- Develop and maintain effective working relationships with both internal (Manufacturing, RDD, Procurement, Supply Chain, Legal, Finance, and the group’s customs team) and external (customs broker, government agencies, advisors etc.) stakeholders to ensure the customs function is compliant
- Ensure compliance of existing duty compliance schemes are delivered in an efficient, cost effective and manner, maximising the use of these schemes wherever possible
- Manage and develop the UK based customs team
- Optimise duty savings, developing and implementing processes to achieve this
- Monitor and report on global regulatory changes that may impact business operations and projects
- Manage and develop global customs broker on all operational day to day activities
- Provide ongoing technical advice to support the business including working with external advisors, as required
- Ensure all test IT and procedural aspects are ready for testing, develop test material if required in respect of the UK customs duty management system
- Prepare and deliver customs technical training to stakeholders, as and when required.
- Minimum 5 years proven technical and practical international customs and international trade experience
- Excellent caring people manager, knowing how to get the best from a team, and developing them to be world class
- Ability to foster and maintain excellent collaborative working relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Experienced in working cross-functionally and collaboratively in a dynamic environment over multiple locations
- Able to communicate effectively at all levels, in different mediums
- Must be a self-starter, resilient and flexible
- Must be able to work with challenging deadlines and prioritise work effectively
- Great organisational skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Good analytical skills
- Good understanding of logistics/supply chain operations
- Good project management skills
- Willing to travel
- Knowledge of SAP S/4 Hana
- Tax knowledge useful
- Good working knowledge of customs duty management system
- IT Testing experience
- 27 days holiday plus eight statutory bank holidays
- Pension scheme
- Performance related bonus
- Private medical insurance
- Life assurance
- Sport centre
- Free on-site parking
- Subsidised café and restaurants
- Discounts on Dyson machines
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.