- China - Shanghai Office
Job Description: China Customs and International Trade Manager
The China Customs and International Trade (CIT) Manager will lead and manage Dyson’s Customs and International Trade compliance and strategic programs in China. This involves defining and driving the China Customs and Trade agenda, including but not limited to compliance monitoring, trade facilitation, and maximizing/optimizing duty savings and market access. He/She will ensure Dyson's compliance with local and international trade regulations through risk management, policy development, regulatory analysis, process design and improvements, automation, as well as external engagement and advocacy. This position will collaborate with the rest of the Customs and International Trade group and engage with key internal stakeholders, including Dyson Manufacturing and Engineering Operations, Research Design and Development (RDD), Supply Chain, Legal, Finance, Product Compliance, and Dyson markets, as well as external stakeholders (Contract Manufacturers, Suppliers, Global Customs broker, external advisors, Customs authorities, etc.) to provide support and guidance. He/She will maximize the benefits of Free Trade Agreements and will ensure appropriate import and export authorizations from various national governments are secured. The position will be part of of Dyson’s global customs and international trade team, reporting to the Head of Customs, APAC. This is an excellent opportunity to make a difference in a global, innovative technology company.
Responsibilities include, but not limited to:
- Manages and oversees Customs and International Trade compliance and strategic programs for all Dyson China entities and Suppliers (Contract Manufacturers)
- Ensures compliance with local and international trade regulations and trade facilitation schemes
- Champions trade facilitation without compromising controls and compliance, consistent with the Dyson Code
- Drives risk management program including risk assessment and assurance audit
- Optimizes duty savings in a manner consistent with the Dyson Code
- Defines and drives strategic Customs indicators that drive actions through data.
- Designs and maintains relevant Customs Standard Operating Procedures (SOP); update as required where there are changes to regulations and/or business operations; and ensuring that these SOPs are in line with local and international regulations.
- Uses expertise to monitor and anticipate regulatory changes and its impact to business including deep analysis and recommending mitigating measures
- Provides technical advice to support the business including working with external advisors as required
- Prepares and delivers customs technical training and awareness to stakeholders, as and when required
- Manages the customs broker for the China operations to ensure performance meets KPIs
At Dyson, it's about more than our machines. We recognise that our success comes from our inventive people. We believe in including everybody and supporting you on your journey with us
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.