- Malaysia - Development Centre
Dyson is a global technology enterprise. We solve the problems others choose to ignore, with surprising new inventions that defy convention and simply work better. We’re driven by progress and thrive on the challenge of relentless improvement. We’re growing fast and our ambition is huge – more categories, more locations and more people.
About the role
Drive Dyson's Customs and International Trade compliance and strategic programs in Malaysia. This involves keeping Dyson and its suppliers (i.e. Contract Manufacturers (CMs)) compliant with local and international Customs and Trade regulations, maximizing trade facility, and minimizing cost, consistent with the Dyson Code. Lead risk management, self-compliance, trade awareness, policy development, regulatory analysis, process design and improvements and automation as well as external engagement and advocacy. Partner and work very closely with key internal stakeholders including Supply Chain and Logistics, Malaysia Advanced Manufacturing, Engineering Operations, Research Design and Development, Finance, Security, Product Compliance, Legal, and other support groups as well as external stakeholders such as contract manufacturers, suppliers, global customs brokers, external advisors, Customs authorities, and other related government agencies. Define and maintain strategic Customs indicators that drive actions through data.
- Manages and oversees Customs and International Trade Compliance of Dyson’s businesses in Malaysia
- Ensures compliance with local and international regulations, trade facilitation schemes (e.g. LMW, FTZ, Customs, etc.)
- Partners with key stakeholders to advance Dyson’s business while ensuring compliance, trade facility, and enabling cost reduction/savings.
- Provides Customs and PEZA technical advisory and guidance to business
- Champions duty savings through maximizing the use of Duty suspension schemes e.g. LMW, Free Trade Agreements (FTA) and other Preferential Trade Agreements (e.g. ASEAN FTA, Generalized System of Preference (GSP), and minimise cost through compliance consistent with the Dyson Code..
- Ensures that Origin requirements are assessed and monitored through planning, risk management, analytics, and supports training and awareness program with the CMs
- Monitors CMs and brokers in fulfilling document responsibilities towards destination markets
- Designs and maintains relevant Customs Standard Operating Procedures (SOP); update as required where there are changes to regulations and/or business operations; and ensuring that these SOPs are in line with local and international regulations while conducting annual reviews.
- Leads regulatory analysis, data analytics, and process design and improvements, risk management, trade awareness and trainings.
- Defines and maintains strategic Customs indicators that drive actions through data.
- Drives Broker Performance.
- Bachelor's degree in a related field and minimum 5 years of proven customs and international trade experience.
- Licensed customs broker preferred.
- Working experience and technical knowledge on Customs, Licensed Manufacturing Warehouse (LMW), Bonded Zones, Free Trade Agreements regulatory and operational requirements
- Good technical knowledge and experience on Customs Valuation, Customs Classification & Origin Management
- Experienced in Government (Customs) engagement, advocacy and regulatory analysis
- Must be a self-starter, resilient, flexible and willing to think outside the box
- Able to communicate effectively at all levels, in different mediums
- Must be able to work with challenging deadlines and prioritize work effectively
- Excellent attention to detail
- Great vendor management skills
- Great analytical skills
- Good project management skills
- Good understanding of incoterms
- Good understanding of logistics/supply chain
- Excellent command of written and spoken English
Dyson Malaysia monitors the market to ensure competitive salaries, bonuses and pension contributions. Beyond that, you’ll enjoy generous leave, a transport allowance and medical care and insurance. But financial benefits are just the start of a Dyson career. Rapid professional growth, leadership development and new opportunities abound, driven by regular reviews and dynamic workshops. And with a vibrant culture, the latest devices and a relaxed dress code reflecting our engineering spirit, it’s an exciting team environment geared to fuelling and realising ambition.
Dyson is an equal opportunity employer. We know that great minds don’t think alike, and it takes all kinds of minds to make our technology so unique. We welcome applications from all backgrounds and employment decisions are made without regard to race, colour, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other any other dimension of diversity.
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.