- Philippines - Advanced Manufacturing Office
At Dyson we are focused on solving the problems that others have ignored; solving them first using our technology and ingenuity. In order to achieve this we need to pioneer technologies that are different and authentic. This is the core of what we do and who we are. We must strive to create the future, every single day by developing new things, different things, things that go against the grain with a diverse and global team of ingenious minds. Dyson employs 14,000 people and is present in more than 80 countries. And while we are growing fast we want Dyson to remain a start-up in spirit with the freedom of experimentation and learning, constantly reinventing our products as well as reinventing how we work, how we sell and how we support our owners. At the same time we are working through the James Dyson Foundation, James Dyson Award and Dyson Institute to inspire future engineers and pioneering a new approach to engineering education. Underlining everything we do in this diverse environment is the need to always show respect, supporting each other as one team to overcome whatever challenges we encounter. We drive empowerment, development and equality in an inclusive environment for our people around the world. The future doesn't just happen, we look to make it happen, to achieve leaps through pioneering new ideas.
About the role
Drive Dyson's Customs and International Trade compliance and strategic programs in the Philippines. This involves keeping Dyson compliant with local and international Customs and Trade regulations, maximizing trade facility, and minimizing cost, consistent with the Dyson Code. Lead risk management, self-compliance, trade awareness, policy development, regulatory analysis, process design and improvements and automation as well as external engagement and advocacy. Partner and work very closely with key internal stakeholders including Supply Chain and Logistics, Philippine Advanced Manufacturing, Engineering Operations, Research Design and Development, Finance, Security, Product Compliance, Legal, and other support groups as well as external stakeholders such as contract manufacturers, suppliers, global customs brokers, external advisors, Customs authorities, PEZA, and other related government agencies. Define and maintain strategic Customs indicators that drive actions through data.
- Manages and oversees Customs and International Trade Compliance of Dyson’s businesses in the Philippines
- Ensures compliance with local and international regulations, trade facilitation schemes (e.g. PEZA, Customs, etc.)
- Partners with key stakeholders to advance Dyson’s business while ensuring compliance, trade facility, and enabling cost reduction/savings.
- Provides Customs and PEZA technical advisory and guidance to business
- Champions duty savings through maximizing the use of Duty suspension schemes e.g. PEZA, Free Trade Agreements (FTA) and other Preferential Trade Agreements e.g. ASEAN FTA, Generalized System of Preference (GSP), and minimise cost through compliance consistent with the Dyson Code.
- Designs and maintains relevant Customs Standard Operating Procedures (SOP); update as required where there are changes to regulations and/or business operations; and ensuring that these SOPs are in line with local and international regulations while conducting annual reviews.
- Leads regulatory analysis, data analytics, and process design and improvements, risk management, trade awareness and trainings.
- Defines and maintains strategic Customs indicators that drive actions through data.
- Drives Broker Performance.
- Bachelor's degree from four-year college or university in a related field and minimum 5 years of proven customs and international trade experience.
- Licensed customs broker preferred.
- Working experience and technical knowledge on Customs, Philippine Economic Zone Authority (PEZA), Bonded Zones, Free Trade Agreements regulatory and operational requirements
- Good technical knowledge and experience on Customs Valuation, Customs Classification & Origin Management
- Experienced in Government (Customs/PEZA) engagement, advocacy and regulatory analysis
- Must be a self-starter, resilient, flexible and willing to think outside the box
- Able to communicate effectively at all levels, in different mediums
- Must be able to work with challenging deadlines and prioritize work effectively
- Excellent attention to detail
- Great analytical skills
- Good project management skills
- Good understanding of incoterms
- Good understanding of logistics/supply chain
- Excellent command of written and spoken English
Dyson is an equal opportunity employer. We know that great minds don’t think alike, and it takes all kinds of minds to make our technology so unique. We welcome applications from all backgrounds and employment decisions are made without regard to race, colour, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other any other dimension of diversity.
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.