- United Kingdom - Malmesbury Office
Dyson is a global technology enterprise. We solve the problems others choose to ignore, with surprising new inventions that defy convention and simply work better. We’re growing fast and our ambition is huge – more categories, more locations and more people. Pioneering technology takes more than just inventive engineers. At Dyson, we take a problem-solving approach to everything we do. And across our support teams, we’re proud to be different. And importantly, we support change to maintain our rapid growth.
Our Finance team manages and balances complex budgets across our global business. Multiple regions, multiple categories and covering all aspects of the finance cycle. The team provides control and stability, which enables our family-owned business to be agile, adapt to constant change and focus on growth.
We do not offer hybrid/remote working with this role.
About the role
This role can be based out of any of our corporate offices across Europe as our Customs team is truly international (with a slight preference for Krakow, Poland or Malmesbury, UK).
As a Customs Classification Specialist, you will be covering a range of HS classification related duties, reporting to the Customs & International Trade Manager. Within the role, you will develop your international trade knowledge, from both an operational and compliance perspective, whilst expanding your technical skills in a supportive and friendly environment.
You will collaborate with the rest of the Global Customs Team and engage with key internal stakeholders, including operations, supply chain, legal and finance, external stakeholders (e.g. contract manufacturers, global customs brokers, external advisors, customs authorities). You will provide support & guidance through trade analytics, process design and improvements, risk management, trade awareness, and self-compliance. You will support business operations on ad-hoc queries, ensuring smooth customs clearance process and correctly paid duties and taxes.
You will act as subject matter expert to support HS classification and purchasing guidance for various functions within the company, including RDD, logistics, ensuring we meet legal requirements wherever Dyson operates. You will hold ownership of HS code master data in our ERP system, which will include new item creation process, and maintenance of existing data to ensure data completeness and accuracy. You will need to actively monitor classification changes globally, updating internal databases and processes accordingly.
You will establish an efficient classification process using our software, and you will create and deliver classification trainings to internal and external stakeholders, as required.
- Broad experience in customs compliance, import and export processes, in an international environment, across multiple jurisdictions
- Specific experience with customs classification, with at least three years’ experience working in the WCO Harmonized System
- Highly organised, fast-paced, excellent attention to detail, analytical, a self-starter, resilient, flexible
- A continuous improvement mindset, looking to improve processes and systems
- Experience in classification of home appliances, mechanical and electrical
- Experience working in SAP
- Performance related bonus scheme
- Competitive pension scheme
- Life assurance
- Discounts on Dyson machines and retail discounts
- Free bus travel to and from campus (from Bath, Bristol, Chippenham and Swindon)
- 27 days’ holiday (plus bank holidays)
- Free on-site lunches, fruit and hot drinks
- Free on-site sports centre, gym, hair-salon, lifestyle assist (concierge)
- Electric vehicle salary sacrifice scheme
- Ability to purchase additional holiday
- Private medical insurance and dental insurance
- Employee assistance programme, digital GP, prescription service, fertility treatment support
Dyson is an equal opportunity employer. We know that great minds don’t think alike, and it takes all kinds of minds to make our technology so unique. We welcome applications from all backgrounds and employment decisions are made without regard to race, colour, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other any other dimension of diversity.
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.