- United States - Chicago Office
Dyson is a global technology enterprise. We’re growing fast and our ambition is huge - more categories, more locations and more people. Dyson launched in the US in 2002, and since then operations have grown exponentially. Our US headquarters is based in Chicago's Fulton Market neighborhood with an additional office Ann Arbor, Michigan. We also have employees working in field sales, our service centers, and in our growing number of Dyson Demo Store’s across the country.
About the role:
As part of Dyson’s Global Customs & international Trade team, the US Customs and International Trade (CIT) Manager will drive Dyson's Customs and International Trade compliance and strategic programs in the Americas, ensuring compliance as well as facilitation of Dyson and its Suppliers with local and international regulations.
Collaborating with the rest of the Customs and International Trade group and engaging with key internal stakeholders, including operations, supply chain, legal and finance, external stakeholders (e.g. Contract Manufacturers, global Customs broker, external advisors, customs authorities etc) to provide support & guidance through trade analytics, process design and improvements, risk management, trade awareness, and self-compliance.
Key responsibilities include the following:
- Manages and oversees Customs and International Trade Compliance of Dyson’s Suppliers in Mexico (Contract Manufacturers, etc).
- Ensures compliance with local and international regulations and trade facilitation schemes (e.g. C-TPAT, Importer Security Filings, Reconciliation IMMEX, EPA etc.) in the US, Mexico and Canada
- Champions facilitation in the Americas without compromising controls and compliance, consistent with the Dyson "Code"
- Optimizes duty savings in a manner consistent with the Dyson Code
- Helps define and drive compliance and strategic programs to advance Dyson CIT Charter
- Designs and maintains relevant Customs Standard Operating Procedures (SOP); update as required where there are changes to regulations and/or business operations; and ensuring that these SOP's are in line with local and international regulations.
- Supports key internal stakeholders on all technical customs & international trade matters
- Manages the customs broker for the Americas operations to ensure performance meets KPI's
- Other duties may be assigned
- 5+ years of proven customs and international trade experience
- U.S. Customs Broker License strongly preferred
- Bachelor's degree in a related field
- Spanish speaking skills is a plus
- Working experience and technical knowledge with USMCA Trade Agreement, Reconciliation (valuation and 9802) and IMMEX regulatory and operational requirements is strongly preferred
- Good technical knowledge in customs classification, customs valuation & origin management
- Experienced in Government (Customs) engagement, advocacy and regulatory analysis
- Must be a self-starter, resilient, flexible and willing to think outside the box
- Able to communicate effectively at all levels, in different mediums
- Excellent attention to detail
- Must be able to work with challenging deadlines and prioritize work effectively
- Great analytical skills
- Good project management skills
- Good understanding of logistics/supply chain
- Good understanding of incoterms
- Ability to travel (domestically/internationally) once per quarter
At Dyson, how we reward you is linked to our high-performance culture. But it’s about more than salary and bonus. Through a package of financial, lifestyle and health benefits, we support whatever stage of life you’re in and the moments that matter.
- 401K with up to a 4% match
- Company paid Life Insurance and AD&D
- Flexible Savings Account (FSA) and Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Competitive Paid Time Off Benefits including Separate Holiday, Sick, and Vacation Time
- Pre-tax Commuter Benefits (applicable areas only)
- Generous Child Care Leave Program
- Wellness Program
- Employee Assistance Program
- Generous Dyson Product Discounts
- Multi-Level Healthcare Coverage Options
- Vision & Dental Coverage
- Company paid Short-Term and Long-Term Disability
Dyson is committed to fostering an inclusive and accessible environment that reflects the diversity of the community in which we live. If requested, we will provide reasonable accommodation during the recruitment process for persons with disabilities. Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information. Dyson is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
At Dyson, it's about more than our machines. We recognise that our success comes from our inventive people. We believe in including everybody and supporting you on your journey with us
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.