- Data Analysis
- United Kingdom - Malmesbury Office
About the role:
The Competitor Intelligence team (CIT) is an integral part of Dyson’s legal and global community. The team has a clear and exciting mission; to deliver competitor intelligence to support Dyson’s delivery of industry leading technology and to alert / navigate the business through emerging competitor threats across the markets.
Dyson is currently seeking a Data Analyst to join the CI Team, operating out of its Malmesbury campus and reporting directly into the Senior Competitor Intelligence Manager. This role is placed within the teams Competitor Intelligence Centre and will be responsible for data analytics and reporting, utilising a wide range of sources and domains, to unlock valuable insights and trends that support Dyson’s Commercial and RDD projects and Legal strategies.
The role of Data Analyst will be a key member of the CIC team as we work to produce insightful analytics for our global stakeholders across group, categories, markets, RDD, commercial and legal. The role requires a naturally inquisitive individual, with a strong business acumen and work ethic. You will enjoy working with data to uncover insights and patterns as well as collaborate with experts to immerse yourself into the technologies of our machines and that of the competitors. You will be comfortable working with ambiguity and bring perseverance and motivation to deliver your work.
Job responsibilities include:
Rapid response to a key competitor launch:
- Enterprise-wide new launch communications and management of analysis, testing and investigative processes through to end of phase summary document reporting and reviews.
- Proactively collect and analyse claims, technologies and features made from launched products, and support as necessary if it is defined as contentious, leading through to the support of any Centre of Excellence project or other approved litigation.
- To further support our wider business stakeholders, ensure data and analysis is inputted and shared as required.
Dyson Commercial and RDD Project support:
- As a key stakeholder, assigned to NPD Projects, you will maintain the CI relationship and deliver the required analysis to support the Commercial and RDD team’s deliver market leading products and technology.
- Work to deliver a range of analytic outputs, from a hands-on review of a new launch product and competitor brand intelligence, through to general category knowledge incorporating performance and market trends, features and technologies of interest. Both in the format of reports and through presentations.
- Provide an input into the various sources of information, ranging from performance and sales data, to market insights, which are required to build category and market knowledge.
- Commission the technical investigations of particular technologies and products as required to support a project or contentious competitor launch.
- Input to the analysis and risk assessments of proposed NPD superiority and comparative claim intent, through your context and understanding of the competitive landscape.
We are looking for an authentic, energetic and pioneering individual who can think differently about business problems and distil complex data sets with a proactive mindset to produce meaningful actions and tangible outputs. The individual will need to have a passion for technology and be motivated to immerse themselves into the Dyson and competitor products; in an effort to drive industry leading analysis. As a member of the team, the individual will interface and collaborate with people and departments of all levels and disciplines across the Dyson organisation, to develop holistic and/or specific reports & presentations that enlighten and inspire strategic response.
- Experienced in working with and the manipulation of data sets and used to working with best practice design and visualisation techniques to produce date analytics and reporting.
- Comfortable in delivering presentations to small and large audiences and has an ability to persuade and influence.
- Fundamental project management skills; able to plan, prioritise, deliver and evaluate projects individually and with others.
- Works effectively in a team and in cross functional teams to achieve shared objectives.
- Effectively manages relationships with business colleagues and builds trust through collaboration.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, happy working at all levels of the organisation, and across different geographies.
- Can adapt own behaviour and communication style to suit the context.
- Ability to manage multiple projects at any one time and deliver results to deadlines.
- Passionate about technology and using data to tell stories and inspire others.
- 27 days holiday (plus statutory bank holidays)
- Pension scheme
- Performance related bonus
- Life assurance
- Sports centre
- Free on-site parking
- Subsidised café, restaurants and free lunches
- Discounts on Dyson machines
- Free Hair Salon
- Concierge service
At Dyson, it's about more than our machines. We recognise that our success comes from our inventive people. We believe in including everybody and supporting you on your journey with us
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.