- Data Analysis
- United Kingdom - Malmesbury Office
The Global Finance Analytics (GFA) team is an integral part of Dyson’s finance community. We deliver reporting and analysis of commercial performance across the group, both financial and non-financial, liaising directly with global markets and to provide support to the Dyson Executive Team. As a Centre of Excellence for Analytics we deliver strategic insights from data and see into the future to enable data-driven decision making as a valued and credible business partner.
The role of Data Analyst will be a key member of the GFA team as we continue to produce insightful analytics for our global stakeholders across group, categories, markets as well as within Finance and Commercial.
Naturally inquisitive and ideally with a strong financial acumen, you will enjoy working with data to uncover insights and patterns through the solutions you develop. You will be comfortable working with ambiguity and bring perseverance and motivation to deliver your work.
About the Role
- Creation of meaningful and impactful analytics products and visuals that empower data discovery and action
- Gathering analytics requirements, design and document efficient solutions, owning delivery from inception to execution
- Developing proof of concepts to showcase new insight opportunities
- Business partnering with stakeholder groups to continuously improve the analytics portfolio they use to drive decision making
- Champion the use of data and analytics, driving adoption and growth in the user base.
- Hands on experience with modern analytical tools (i.e. Looker, Tableau, Power BI, SAP Analytics Cloud) - Looker expertise of particular interest
- Comfortable working with a range of data platforms including Google BigQuery, SAP BW, SAP HANA, and skilled in writing performant SQL
- Comfortable sourcing, integrating and cleansing data using tools like Tableau Prep, Power Automate
- Successful at delivering within a team running Agile and/or another modern project management approach
- Requirements gathering skills and managing delivery of work using tools like JIRA.
- Comfortable in a multi-disciplined team where roles and responsibilities evolve in pursuit of getting the job done
- Experience working in a pressurised data or analytics team, ideally supporting multiple business functions
- Authentic, well-rounded data professional with an eye for continuous improvement, ideally with experience across multiple functional areas and industries
- A self-starter, able to drive their own initiatives whilst taking a hands-on approach to removing any blockers
- A strong communicator with experience translating technical jargon
- Desirable experience:
- Data manipulation and technical solution development using Python, DBT
- Working knowledge of data science modelling concepts
- 27 days holiday plus eight statutory bank holidays
- Pension scheme
- Performance related bonus
- Life assurance
- Free on-site parking
- Subsidized café
- Discounts on Dyson machines
- Private Medical and Dental
At Dyson, it's about more than our machines. We recognise that our success comes from our inventive people. We believe in including everybody and supporting you on your journey with us
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.