- Information Technology
- Bristol, Malmesbury - United Kingdom
Dyson are growing and our IT function is growing to support it. Our aims are to create robust IT architecture, to manage data effectively and efficiently and continue to grow our world-class team. A team that is strategic, capable of enabling business acceleration, growth and success.
This role sits within the Data Architecture team in Dyson's Global Data Function (GDF). GDF is tasked with ensuring that the various parts of Dyson's business can leverage rich, accurate, and timely data to generate insights and make better decisions. As a part of Global IT, the team has the resources and the remit to keep up with Dyson's impressive global growth.
Building our analytical capabilities is a core pillar of Dyson's global data strategy. As more consumers engage with Dyson, via more types of products, and across more markets, the volumes of data will greatly increase. Understanding how to use this data to improve everything from customer experiences to product development will be key to Dyson's success.
We also need to understand the enterprise data landscape and mapping the data stores and flows between the operational systems is a vital part of building the knowledge base needed to support future projects and programmes.
We have several longer running initiatives and programmes, such as our Data Quality and Master Data Management programme, that we support, as well as business change projects and transformation programmes. The role is varied and there are opportunities to become involved in activity across all parts of the business.
GDF works closely with other architecture disciplines in IT and collaborative approaches to delivering solutions are essential.
About the roleReporting to the Senior Data Architect you will be responsible for:
- Working with project teams to ensure architecture requirements are captured and addressed by designs that uphold the enterprise principles and standards
- Designing and delivering data architecture on cutting edge green field R&D engineering projects
- Designing data integration architecture based on solution requirements e.g. real-time, near real-time, batch
- Architecting conceptual, logical and physical architecture and data models for operational enterprise data and analytics solutions using recognised data modelling approaches (e.g. 3NF relational, Kimball dimensional) in standard modelling tools using UML and the ArchiMate modelling language
- Owning the definition of data architecture components for information management solutions to facilitate storage, integration, usage, access, and delivery of data assets across the enterprise in both the operational and analytics spaces
- Working to accelerate the wider Dyson business by developing and maintaining long-lasting relationships with senior stakeholders, both during and outside of project delivery
- Engaging talent and helping us diversify our talent force by leading data architecture capability and driving further development of the team
Person specification / Core Competencies:
- Outstanding interpersonal and communication skills
- Powerful change agent
- A visionary with a proven track record in strategic planning, individual/team development and service delivery
- Embodies a collaborative approach in bringing both business and technology stakeholders together to deliver technology solutions that enable tangible business benefits
- Strong data architecture and data modelling skills
- Understanding of how data architecture fits with other architecture disciplines
- Team player but with the ability to work independently
- Familiarity with working in agile and waterfall approaches
- In-depth understanding and knowledge of business and technology trends
- Cloud technologies: Google Cloud Platform, Amazon Web Services or Microsoft Azure
- Data Integration & Federation: e.g. Qlik Replicate, Fivetran, Python and other scripting and integration technologies
- Data Repositories: e.g. SQL Server, Google BigQuery, Amazon Redshift, cloud storage
- Enterprise architecture modelling tools: e.g. Sparx EA, IBM System Architect, BiZZdesign, Archi
- Experience with challenges posed by the Internet of Things
- ArchiMate, UML
- DAMA Data Management Body of Knowledge
- 27 days holiday plus eight statutory bank holidays
- Pension scheme
- Performance related bonus
- Private medical insurance
- Life assurance
- Sport centre
- Free on-site parking
- Subsidised café and restaurants
- Discounts on Dyson machines
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.