- Information Technology
- India - Bangalore Sales Office
The team are a multi-disciplinary, global team providing round-the-clock development and operations – including product and project management, community enablement, governance, data architecture, data engineering, data science, and analytics expertise.
Involved with every aspect of Dyson’s global business - from finance to product development, manufacturing to owner experience – data is enjoying record-breaking investment and mandate for 2021 and beyond, seeking to deliver solutions generating impressive and tangible business value.
Data and analytics excellence at Dyson are delivered by a diverse and collaborative global community spread across Dyson locations from UK to Chicago, Shanghai to Singapore. Domain-specific experts form spoke analytics teams, enabled by a central team at the hub. All teams benefit from significant recent investments in cloud technologies and tools, combined with an expansive scope and no shortage of ambition and momentum; data and analytics are recognized throughout the organization, to the highest level, as critical to all of Dyson’s strategic objectives.
As the ‘hub’ team delivering the data, technology and community provision enabling Dyson’s global data and analytics capabilities, Global Data Function (GDF) have end-to-end responsibility for data from foundations (DQ, MDM) to management (data platforms, integrations), to value realization (analytics enablement and delivery).
About The Role:
The role will require the incumbent to work closely with both internal and external project teams in the Americas, Europe, and South East Asia with the responsibility of helping progress the cloud architecture on key business focused data solutions. Working closely with Senior Management to develop multi-cloud platform framework for enterprise level data analytics.
- Work with the business on creating strategic, impactful data focused solutions.
- Owning the definition of data architecture components for information management solutions to facilitate storage, integration, usage, access, and delivery of data assets to be delivered on the organizations data environment.
- Producing and approving conceptual, logical and physical architecture diagrams for operational enterprise data and analytics solutions
- Architecting conceptual, logical and physical data models using recognized data modelling approaches (e.g. 3NF relational, Kimball dimensional) in standard modelling tools using the ArchiMate modelling language
- Designing the data integration architecture based on solution requirements e.g. real-time, near real-time, batch.
- Supporting, defining and managing work packages that deliver elements of an information management solution e.g. data warehouse, data mart, ETL service, operational data store
- Good understanding of the GCP or AWS or Azure data landscape
- Strong architecture and data modelling skills
- Good understanding of networking and security concepts
- Resilient and comfortable with high pace change.
- In-depth understanding and knowledge of business and technology trends
- Must be comfortable with working proactively with the Data Engineers on GCP or AWS.
- Knowledge on ArchiMate, UML
- Outstanding interpersonal communication skills
- Powerful change agent
- A visionary with a proven track record in strategic planning, individual/team development and service delivery
- Embodies a collaborative approach in bringing both business and technology stakeholders together to deliver technology solutions that enable tangible business benefits
Dyson is an equal opportunity employer. We know that great minds don’t think alike, and it takes all kinds of minds to make our technology so unique. We welcome applications from all backgrounds and employment decisions are made without regard to race, colour, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other any other dimension of diversity.