- Data Analysis
- Malaysia - Global Development Campus, Johor Bahru
The SEA Motors and Materials in Technology Development Department is responsible to ensure that all specifications of Dyson applied parts, including but not limited to Safety Critical Components and Sustainability Materials, are correctly met, and produced. We provide materials, motors, and pumps expertise for all project teams. We ensure consistent use of materials, motors, and pumps for specific applications. We also drive initiatives for new materials and motors and pumps developments, and ensure solutions are delivered on time, cost, and quality.
About the role
As a Data Architect in SEA Motors and Materials, you will be a key player in our mission to ensure that our material data is well-organized, accessible, and ready to support our projects. You will design and implement effective database solutions, oversee data migration, and ensure the performance and compliance of our data systems. In addition, you will provide technical guidance and leadership in building data platforms and architecture. Your expertise in data modeling, SQL, and Python will be instrumental in shaping the future of our data infrastructure. You are required to collaborate with cross-functional teams, including Optimization/Teamcenter team to optimize material database and utilize data visualization tools to present complex data sets in a clear and concise manner to internal user.
- Understand enterprise business requirements and translate them into conceptual and physical data models.
- Provide guidance for building data platforms and architecture, advising on best data modeling tools and techniques.
- Lead the design and implementation of data architecture and modeling solutions.
- Support business intelligence and analytical model development activities.
- Take responsibility for data governance management.
- Design systems to support databases for business requirements.
- Develop blueprints and physical designs based on user needs.
- Design data interfaces for transformation.
- Plan and design data architecture, including roadmaps and frameworks.
- Build and develop data models based on application requirements.
- Collaborate closely with Teamcenter team/Optimization/Data Delivery Integration Office and integration architects to create and maintain architecture standards.
Types of Data you be expecting
- Materials data from multiple sources, internal database, experiments, and research papers.
- Data source including raw data of mechanical, thermal, and chemical properties, to assess material quality and reliability, in different formats namely PDF, Excel, Words file etc.
- Bachelor’s degree in information system/computer science or equivalent.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in data engineering/data architecture with 2 years of experience in business system analytics or equivalent experience.
- Hands on experience in data warehousing, data modelling, data quality assurance.
- Strong hands-on technical experience in Database management.
- Experience in set up and implement data architecture to business.
- Advance knowledge in SQL and Python as data engineering scripting language.
- Basic experience and understanding in project management.
- Knowledge in material properties and characterization techniques, and experience in Ansys Granta selector Materials information management are added advantages.
Dyson Malaysia monitors the market to ensure competitive salaries and bonuses. Beyond that, you’ll enjoy a transport allowance and comprehensive medical care and insurance. But financial benefits are just the start of a Dyson career. Professional growth, leadership development and new opportunities abound, driven by regular reviews and dynamic workshops. And with a vibrant culture, the latest devices and a relaxed dress code reflecting our engineering spirit, it’s an exciting team environment geared to fueling and realizing ambition.
Dyson is an equal opportunity employer. We know that great minds don’t think alike, and it takes all kinds of minds to make our technology so unique. We welcome applications from all backgrounds and employment decisions are made without regard to race, colour, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other any other dimension of diversity.