- Information Technology
- Malmesbury - United Kingdom
At Dyson, we demand the highest standard of performance from the technologies we engineer. Our people expect the same from the technology that supports them. We are a community that appreciates and advocates better engineering. A community of pioneers.
Our Data team
This role sits within Dyson's Global Data Services team. This team is tasked with ensuring that the various parts of Dyson's business are able to leverage rich, accurate, and timely data to generate insights and make better decisions. As a part of IT, the team has the resources and the remit to keep up with Dyson's impressive global growth.
Building our analytical capabilities is a core pillar of Dyson's new global data strategy. As more consumers engage with Dyson, via more types of products, and across more markets, the volume and diversity of data will greatly increase. Understanding how to use this data to improve everything from customer experiences to product development will be key to Dyson's success.
About the role
Dyson's core data platform on GCP. You will ingest new data sources, write data pipelines as code, and transform and enrich data using the most efficient methods.
Working with data from across Dyson’s global data estate, you will understand the best way to serve up data at scale to a global audience of analysts. You will have the opportunity to work with data architects, data scientists and data product managers on the team to ensure that we are building integrated, performant solutions.
Ideally you will have a Software Engineering mindset, be able to leverage CI/CD and apply critical thinking to the work you undertake. The role would suit candidates looking to make the move from working with traditional big data stacks such as Spark and Hadoop to using cloud native technologies (Dataflow, BigQuery, Docker/Kubernetes, Pub/Sub, Cloud Functions). Candidates who also have strong software development skills and wishing to make the leap to working with Data at scale will also be considered.
You will have:
• Strong programming skills in languages such as Python (preferred)/Java/Scala including building, testing and releasing code into production.
• Strong SQL skills and experience working with relational/columnar databases (e.g. BigQuery, SQL Server, Postgres, Oracle, Presto, Hive, etc.)
• Knowledge of data modelling techniques and integration patterns.
• Practical experience writing data analytic pipelines
• Experience integrating/interfacing with REST APIs / Web Services
• Experience handling data securely.
• Experience with agile software delivery and CI/CD processes.
• A willingness to learn and find solutions to complex problems.
It would be great if you also have:
• Experience migrating from on-premise data stores to cloud solutions
• Experience of designing and building real/near real time solutions using streaming technologies (e.g. Dataflow/Apache Beam, Fink, Spark Streaming, etc.)
• Hands-on experience with cloud environments (GCP & AWS preferred)
• Practical experience with traditional Big Data stacks (e.g. Spark, Flink, Hbase, Flume, Impala, Hive etc)
• Experience with non-relational database solutions (e.g. Big Query, Big Table, MongoDB, Dynamo, HBase, Elasticsearch)
• Experience with AWS data pipeline, Azure data factory or Google Cloud Dataflow
• Working with containerization technologies (Docker, Kubernetes etc…)
• Experience working with data warehouse solutions including extracting and processing data using a variety of programming languages, tools and techniques (e.g. SSIS, Azure Data Factory, T-SQL, PL-SQL, Talend, Matillion, Nifi, AWS Data Pipelines)
- 27 days holiday plus eight statutory bank holidays
- Pension scheme
- Performance related bonus
- Life assurance
- Sport centre
- Free on-site parking
- Subsidised café and restaurants
- Discounts on Dyson machines
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.