- £Competitive + bonus
- Information Technology
- Malmesbury - United Kingdom
At Dyson, we demand the highest standard of performance from the technologies we engineer. Our people expect the same from the technology that supports them. We are a community that appreciates and advocates better engineering. A community of pioneers.
Dyson IT are mid-transformation. Our aim, to create robust IT architecture, to manage data effectively and efficiently and continue to grow our world-class team. A team who is strategic, enabling business acceleration, growth and success. We’re looking for a Data Engineering Lead to join Dyson's Global Data Services team.
This team ensures that the various parts of Dyson's business can leverage rich, accurate, and timely data to generate insights and make better decisions. As a part of IT, the team has the resources and the remit to keep up with Dyson's impressive global growth.
Building our analytical capabilities is a core pillar of Dyson's new global data strategy. As more consumers engage with Dyson, via more types of products, and across more markets, the volumes of data will greatly increase. Understanding how to use this data to improve everything from customer experiences to product development will be key to Dyson's success.
About the roleWhat you'll be doing:
- Leading a team focused on shaping Dyson's data platform by ingesting, modelling, and enriching data across GCP data platforms.
- Leverage the latest cloud technologies and tools (e.g. Kubernetes, BigQuery, Dataproc, CloudSQL, Pub/Sub, Dataflow).
- Ensuring that data is ingested and analysed in a secure, efficient, and well-governed manner. Ingesting new data sources, writing data pipelines, and transforming and enriching it using the most efficient methods.
- Working with data from any source, understanding the best way to serve it up at scale to a global audience.
- Managing data engineers, either onshore or offshore (UK, US & Singapore), and ensuring the quality of their work
- Translating business requirements into technical instructions for data engineers
- Working closely with data architects on the team to build an integrated, performant solution
- Demonstrating thought leadership in the data engineering arena; constantly improving
- Taking a pragmatic stance with regards to resource constraints; thinking innovatively
You’ll need to have:
- The ability to write and deploy production level code, preferably in an CI/CD fashion
- Experience with data lakes and data warehouses, preferably on AWS or Google Cloud Platform
- Good knowledge of writing performant, optimized SQL, Python, Airflow, Dataflow and Spark
- Proven ability to manage talent, consistently nurturing and motivating your team
- Strong communication skills, with the ability to articulate technical matters to stakeholders
We’d also like to see:
- Experience with one or more analytical solutions such as Impala, BigQuery, Athena, Redshift, or Snowflake
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.