- Information Technology
- Singapore - Singapore
About the roleThis role sits within Dyson's Global Data Services (GDS) team. The team is tasked with ensuring that all functions within Dyson are able to leverage rich, accurate, and timely data to drive both their business applications as well as to generate insights that enable better decisions.
As more consumers engage with Dyson, via more types of products, and across more markets, the volumes of data will greatly increase and more complex and involved data integration and migration activities will be required to support key IT programmes.
Reporting to the Head of Data Architecture, you will be responsible for:
- Managing a global team of Data Engineers.
- Providing leadership, support, training and advice for the Data Engineers.
- Working with the Data Engineering team to investigate and resolve issues in a timely manner and to a high standard.
- Building a highly effective DevOps culture within the Data Engineering team.
- Running the Data Engineering team following the Agile / Scrum methodology . Responsible for ensuring the Data Engineers have adequate and appropriate work each Sprint (using Jira).
- Working with other key members of GDS (including Data Product Managers and Data Architects) to ensure the platform is developed to align with key strategic data goals.
- Supporting the relationship with third party flex resource organisations. Ensure they are delivering high quality and good value for money work at all times.
About youRequired Experience:
- Building, leading and optimizing global Data Engineering teams.
- Creating an efficient and highly effective DevOps driven Data Engineering culture.
- Exposure to cloud environments (GCP & AWS)
- Exposure to on-premise Microsoft SQL Server databases
- Knowledge of cloud data solutions, esp. GCP (BigQuery) or AWS (Redshift).
- Knowledge of Google Cloud Dataflow, AWS data pipeline or Azure data factory technologies.
- Knowledge of containerization technologies (Docker, Kubernetes, Google Composer etc.)
BenefitsDyson Singapore monitors the market to ensure competitive salaries and bonuses. Beyond that, you’ll enjoy a transport allowance and comprehensive medical care and insurance. But financial benefits are just the start of a Dyson career. Professional growth, leadership development and new opportunities abound, driven by regular reviews and dynamic workshops. And with a vibrant culture, the latest devices and a relaxed dress code reflecting our engineering spirit, it’s an exciting team environment geared to fuelling and realising ambition.
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.