- Information Technology
- Singapore - Singapore
About the roleThis role sits within Dyson's Global Data Services (GDS) team. The team is tasked with ensuring that all functions within Dyson are able to leverage rich, accurate, and timely data to drive both their business applications as well as to generate insights that enable better decisions.
As more consumers engage with Dyson, via more types of products, and across more markets, the volumes of data will greatly increase and more complex and involved data integration and migration activities will be required to support key IT programmes.
Reporting to the Head of Data Architecture, you will be responsible for:
- Progressing and delivering enterprise scale Data Warehouses and Data Integration pipelines using Microsoft SQL Server and Microsoft SQL Server Integration Service technologies.
- Planning large scale data migrations, owing the data migration strategy and leading the delivery team. These will be delivered with SAP Data Services.
- Management of a diverse set of stakeholders, prioritising and resolving competing requests.
- Providing leadership, support, training and advice to the existing team of Microsoft SQL Server and SAP Data Services developers.
- Working with the team to investigate and resolve issues in a timely manner and to a high standard. Monitor and manage BAU processes to ensure continuity of service.
- Supporting the strategic movement of the on premise SQL Server Data Warehouse solutions into the cloud (GCP CloudSQL and BigQuery). Be willing to embark on the journey and be responsible for helping drive forward.
- Expert with database design including dimensional modelling.
- Expert knowledge of MS SQL Server. Extensive experience of scripting in T-SQL and developing integration pipelines using SSIS.
- Good development experience using SAP Data Services.
- Good knowledge of SAP BW.
- Extensive experience in ETL methodologies to support both Data Migration and Data Warehousing
- Knowledge of cloud data solutions, esp. GCP (BigQuery) or AWS (Redshift).
- Approachable, friendly and motivational, good communication, verbal and written skills
- Exceptional Stakeholder Management
- Experience in new enhancements to existing models and pipelines
- Taking ownership of Microsoft SQL Server roadmaps
- Good knowledge and experience in technical estimation.
- Identify performance issues related to source system extraction and work on technical POCs in BODS and any new ETL tool independently.
- Experience of working on data migration projects
- Experience using any of the following tools / technologies would also be desirable:
- Google Cloud Platform (Big Query / CloudSQL)
- Qlik / Attunity Replicate
- Jenkins (CI/CD)
BenefitsDyson Singapore monitors the market to ensure competitive salaries and bonuses. Beyond that, you’ll enjoy a transport allowance and comprehensive medical care and insurance. But financial benefits are just the start of a Dyson career. Professional growth, leadership development and new opportunities abound, driven by regular reviews and dynamic workshops. And with a vibrant culture, the latest devices and a relaxed dress code reflecting our engineering spirit, it’s an exciting team environment geared to fuelling and realising ambition.
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.