- Information Technology
- India - Bangalore IT Capability Centre
At Dyson, we demand the highest standard of performance from the technologies we engineer. Our people expect the same from the technology that supports them. We are a community that appreciates and advocates better engineering. A community of pioneers.
Dyson is a global technology enterprise. We solve the problems others choose to ignore, with surprising new inventions that defy convention and simply work better. We’re driven by progress and thrive on the challenge of relentless improvement. We’re growing fast and our ambition is huge – more categories, more locations, and more people.
Pioneering technology takes more than just inventive engineers. At Dyson, we take a problem-solving approach
to everything we do. Our Technical and Solution Architecture teams provide modern solutions that help to remove complexity and drive efficiency as our business changes and grows.
About the role
Dyson IT is mid-transformation. Our aim, to create robust IT architecture, to manage data effectively and efficiently and continue to grow our world-class team. A team who is strategic, enabling business acceleration, growth and success.
As a Data Platform Architect you will be the technical authority on the Dyson's database and data platform infrastructure technology. You own the architectural decisions for the team, and are the visionary force for data, in alignment with the IT strategy and the overall vision of the Transformation Team. Producing high/low level design specifications, develop strategies, and have the capabilities to build close relationships with Product Owners, Architects and Engineers to ensure individual product technical decisions are aligned with the overall IT strategy. This role bridges both on-premise infrastructure and Dyson’s vision of leveraging cloud solutions.
- Works with Product Owners to align their roadmaps with the strengths and opportunities within the technical stack.
- Drive deep architectural discussions to ensure complex solutions are successfully deployed to on-premise, public and private clouds.
- Work collaboratively with other architecture and data functions.
- Responsible for overseeing the Application Migration from our global datacentres to the cloud and re-architecting as appropriate.
- Ensure applications migrated to the cloud are supported in a sustainable manner and leverage cloud native architecture patterns where appropriate.
- Remain up to date on new services, and roadmaps, from major vendors.
- Enable customers of the Infrastructure services to develop applications and data-enabled use cases securely and quickly.
- Drive automation approaches throughout the infrastructure platform to ensure security and self-service is promoted.
- Set ambitious and clear technical vision and communicate it effectively to stakeholders, other architects, and the rest of the IT department to ensure a secure and scalable approach to infrastructure.
- 10+ years of experience in technology with 5+ years in technical leadership roles, be self-motivated, confident in working at a senior level and competent in operating in a matrix organization in which results are driven through influence.
- Strong knowledge of database and cloud technologies, e.g. Cloud SQL, RDS, MS SQL, MySQL, Oracle, Postgres across GCP/AWS/Azure and on premise.
- Significant expertise architecting and implementing large scale production workloads for on-premise, public and private clouds. Application migration from on-premise to the cloud is preferred but not essential.
- Significant experience with IT security, compliance and governance.
- Knowledge of networking and security of on-premise and cloud infrastructure.
- Experience with serverless architectures.
- Understanding of holistic enterprise architecture and interplay of analytical components with enterprise foundational components.
- Capable as a mentor, collaborator, team player, and individual contributor.
- Can make architecture decisions at a team and product level.
- Strong communication skills with ability to align stakeholders on complex technical decisions.
- Believes in a non-hierarchical culture of collaboration, transparency, safety, and trust.
- Not afraid to “roll up the sleeves” and seeks to go outside comfort zone to learn – pushes teams to do the same.
- Experimental mindset to drive innovation.
- Experience working with teams in an agile setting is preferred but not essential.
- We do not offer hybrid/remote working for this position
Dyson is an equal opportunity employer. We know that great minds don’t think alike, and it takes all kinds of minds to make our technology so unique. We welcome applications from all backgrounds and employment decisions are made without regard to race, colour, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other any other dimension of diversity.