- Strategy and Transformation
- United Kingdom - Malmesbury Office
About Data & Analytics at Dyson
Data and analytics excellence at Dyson are delivered by a diverse and collaborative global community spread across Dyson locations from Bristol to Chicago, Malmesbury to Singapore. Domain-specific experts form spoke analytics teams, enabled by a central team at the hub. All teams benefit from significant recent investments in cloud technologies and tools, combined with an expansive scope and no shortage of ambition and momentum; data and analytics are recognised throughout the organisation, to the highest level, as critical to all of Dyson’s strategic objectives.
With a ‘one-team’ approach, the global community are on a mission to…
- …evolve existing solutions to stay ahead
- …embed emerging solutions to capitalise on potential benefits
- …deliver conceptualised & future solutions to introduce net-new capability
Our Data Team
As the ‘hub’ team delivering the data, technology and community provision enabling Dyson’s global data and analytics capabilities, Global Data Function (GDF) have end-to-end responsibility for data from foundations (DQ, MDM) to management (data platforms, integrations), to value realisation (analytics enablement and delivery).
The team is a multi-disciplinary, global team providing round-the-clock development and operations – including product and project management, community enablement, governance, data architecture, data engineering, data science, and analytics expertise.
Involved with every aspect of Dyson’s global business - from finance to product development, manufacturing to owner experience – data is enjoying record-breaking investment and mandate for 2021 and beyond, seeking to deliver solutions generating impressive and tangible business value.
About The Role
Aligned to the ‘Commercial’ tribe within the Global Data Function, this role will involve supporting the commercial business areas including but not limited to Media, Creative and Retail. The Data Product Manager will own the delivery of data from source systems into data products across this portfolio, spanning several stakeholder groups and topics. Whilst mobility of Data Product Managers (DPMs) across business areas (tribes) may be possible in the medium/long term, a keen interest in the business areas supported by the Commercial tribe will maximise the enjoyment of this role.
The Data Product Manager will build relationships across the global Commercial community, including with senior leadership – ensuring effective collaboration, alignment and delivery. They will ensure that business priorities are known and understood and be responsible for ensuring that GDF activities within their tribe deliver against them. The Data Product manager will be responsible for maintaining a record of the financial and non-financial value delivered by data and analytics activities within their scope, to support justification of current and future investments.
The Data Product Manager will manage the delivery of…
- Existing data products – working with operations/development/technical teams to ensure continued delivery & realise opportunities for evolution and enhancement
- Emerging data products – supporting the transition of data products from concept & development into operational support, and participating in business change activities where appropriate
- Brand new data products – translating business needs into data product proposals, and progressing these proposals through business case development and investment approval, to kick-off and delivery
Reporting to the Lead data product manager, you will be responsible for:
- Achieving true collaboration with stakeholders - encouraging two-way communication, transparency, and alignment of priorities, dependencies, and constraints
- Working with stakeholders from various business functions to identify opportunities to unlock the potential value of data - through analyses, datasets, or analytical tools (also known as ‘Data Products’)
- Generating business cases to secure funding for future data products, bridging the gap between technical teams and the business to estimate potential value, required resources, and possible risk
- Generating proposals for phased delivery of data products, to achieve long term aspirations whilst generating benefits in the short term - creating roadmaps in collaboration with technical teams and the business
- Driving the delivery of data products through the development process from initiation and design, to delivery and maintenance - drawing on other resources within the GDF
- Contributing to the efforts of the Global Data Function to build a collaborative community across Dyson’s data and analytics teams globally, and to progress the level of data literacy within Dyson
Person specification / Core Competencies:
- Outstanding interpersonal communication skills
- Comfortable with, and resilience to, a high change environment
- Excellent personal organisation, with proven ability to take requirements, generate a plan, and execute against it
- Experience working as part of a multi-disciplinary teams on challenging project outcomes
- Strong commercial awareness and working knowledge of the objectives of different business functions within a large organisation - what their respective roles are, and how they typically relate
- Experience in data analytics, business intelligence, or software development
- Working knowledge of data platforms, analytical tools and approaches
- Demonstrable experience building effective partnerships with colleagues from a variety of technical and non-technical disciplines
- Aptitude for project planning and execution, from initiation to completion
- Experience pitching/presenting proposals to groups of senior stakeholders
- Comfortable discussing complex technical requirements with both technical and non-technical colleagues
- A Bachelor’s or advanced degree is preferred, or equivalent experience
- Experience working within an organisation operating a federated analytics model
- While programming knowledge is not required, a demonstrable interest in and/or experience with data/analytics related technologies is a plus (e.g. SQL, Python, R, Google Cloud Platform)
- While competency with analytics tools is not required, a demonstrable interest in and/or experience with data visualisation tools is a plus (e.g. Tableau, Looker)
- 27 days holiday plus eight statutory bank holidays
- Pension scheme
- Performance related bonus
- Private medical insurance
- Life assurance
- Sport centre
- Free on-site parking
- Subsidised café and restaurants
- Discounts on Dyson machines
At Dyson, it's about more than our machines. We recognise that our success comes from our inventive people. We believe in including everybody and supporting you on your journey with us
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.