- Data Analysis
- India - Bangalore IT Capability Centre
At Dyson we are focused on solving the problems that others have ignored, solving them first using our technology and ingenuity. To achieve this, we need to pioneer technologies that are different and authentic. This is the core of what we do and who we are. We must strive to create the future, every single day by developing new things, different things, things that go against the grain with a diverse and global team of ingenious minds.
Dyson employs over 14,000 people and is present in more than 80 countries. And while we are growing fast, we want Dyson to remain a start-up in spirit with the freedom of experimentation and learning, constantly reinventing our products as well as reinventing how we work, how we sell and how we support our owners. Our philosophy remains the same as it was almost 30 years ago when James Dyson invented the first cyclonic vacuum cleaner. We remain family owned. We do not bow to outside shareholders or report to the stock exchange. Instead, we plot our own path, unshackled from conventional thinking.
Data and analytics excellence at Dyson is delivered by a diverse and collaborative global community, at the heart of that community is a hub team that enables all others: In Dyson’s Data Analytics team, there has been significant investment into cloud technologies and tools; combined with an expansive scope and no shortage of ambition and momentum, Dyson Data Analytics team is recognized throughout the organization to the highest level as critical to all of Dyson's strategic objectives.
With a ‘one-team’ approach, the global community is on a mission to:
• Evolve existing solutions to stay ahead
• Embed emerging solutions to capitalize on potential benefits
• Deliver conceptualized & future solutions to introduce net-new capability
ABOUT THE ROLE
Dyson Global IT are seeking a Graduate Data Quality Engineer who will be responsible for executing test plans and test cases for the overall project. They will work closely with the project team and external stakeholders to ensure that all components of the project meet the necessary requirements in terms of functionality, performance, scalability and security.
The Graduate Data Quality Engineer will be responsible for developing and executing automated tests as well as manual tests and will be involved in reviewing and analyzing test results. They will be responsible for ensuring that all defects are tracked, prioritized and resolved in a timely manner.
Experience with automation testing and test management tools across multiple platforms are crucial for this role, along with a strong technical background in areas such as scripting, software engineering practices, and the technology stacks used in modern data-driven, distributed systems.
• Develop, execute, and maintain test plans, test cases, and test scripts.
• Participate in the design, implementation, and maintenance of automated tests.
• Execute test cases and analyze results to identify potential defects.
• Monitor the progress of testing and ensure that any issues are promptly addressed.
• Submit detailed bug reports and provide feedback to the development team.
• Collaborate with other Quality teams to ensure that all components are tested effectively.
• Review and evaluate product requirements to ensure that all requirements are testable.
• Ensure that all defects are tracked, prioritized and resolved in a timely manner.
• Develop and maintain automation tests to improve the efficiency of the QA process.
• Bachelor's degree in computer science, Software Engineering, or equivalent experience.
• 1+ years of experience in software development, quality assurance and test engineering.
• Experience with automation testing and end-to-end test management tools such as Selenium, Appium, Cucumber, and JIRA.
• Strong technical background in scripting and software engineering practices.
• Understanding of the technology stacks used in modern data-driven, distributed systems.
• Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
• Ability to adapt to changing requirements and timelines.
Dyson is an equal opportunity employer. We know that great minds don’t think alike, and it takes all kinds of minds to make our technology so unique. We welcome applications from all backgrounds and employment decisions are made without regard to race, colour, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other any other dimension of diversity.