- Data Science and Engineering
- Singapore - Technology Centre
Our Global Data Team
The Global Data Function (GDF) has end-to-end responsibility for data from foundations (DQ, MDM, compliance) to management (data platforms, integrations), to value realisation (analytics enablement and delivery).
Involved with every aspect of Dyson’s global business - from finance to product development, manufacturing to owner experience – Data is enjoying record-breaking investment and mandate for 2021 and beyond, everything we do seeks to release value from data and underpin Dyson Strategic Objectives.
The Data Quality / Data Mastery solution lead role:
This role is a core member of the Data Governance pillar and is responsible for working closely with business data owners and stewards to define the right quality standards for our data, bring clarity to status and drive improvements. This role is at the leading edge of our data fundamentals and is essential to both operational efficiency and the creation of credible valuable data insights across the organisation.
The DQ/MDM solution lead will be responsible for:
- Working with business stakeholders to identify and on-board data owners and stewards across the organisation
- Working with the business owners to define, value and remediate quality issues and inefficiencies
- Establishing an understanding of current data mastery for critical entities, and identifying solution improvements or introductions were necessary
- Working with GDF data architects and platform resources on structure, approach and solution design
- Using data quality and reporting technology to measure, capture and report in a consistent and meaningful way across domains.
- Running data user forums to understand, improve and champion data quality
- Driving adoption and implementation of the Data Governance Strategy and Frameworks with stakeholders and owners across the business
- Contributing to the development of the Data Governance Strategy
- Building relationships with key stakeholders to understand their data landscape and their business priorities
- Growing a network of data owners, stewards, custodians and stakeholders to support and facilitate improving data quality and good data practices.
- Reviewing data management approach of key programs and initiatives, recommend improvement plans and escalate risks and issues
- Contributing to enterprise-wide comms and training plans and delivery for data governance
Competencies, qualifications and qualities:
- Experience across the above responsibilities, and an ongoing drive to get to the root of data issues and finding the best way to fix them
- Knowledge of data related regulatory requirements and emerging trends
- Self-driven Individual with high levels of resilience and tenacity. An ability to thrive during change
- An ability to pragmatically balance DG excellence against risk and commercial considerations
- When faced with competing business challenges and agendas, able to drive progress with authority, empathy and clarity
- Effective communication skills, able to draw out the necessary detail from business colleagues to define fit-for-purpose standards and challenges – empathy for
- A highly collaborative and communicative approach to issues by default, a focus on achieving objectives and delivering value over remit and perfection.
- A robust understanding of data functions and the part that data quality plays in operational efficiency and downstream analytics capability
- Degree or above educated in a relevant discipline and Data governance professional qualifications preferred but not essential – An overriding drive to deliver value and a capability to so within data governance are the essential qualification
Dyson Singapore monitors the market to ensure competitive salaries and bonuses. Beyond that, you’ll enjoy a transport allowance and comprehensive medical care and insurance. But financial benefits are just the start of a Dyson career. Professional growth, leadership development and new opportunities abound, driven by regular reviews and dynamic workshops. And with a vibrant culture, the latest devices and a relaxed dress code reflecting our engineering spirit, it’s an exciting team environment geared to fuelling and realising ambition.
At Dyson, it's about more than our machines. We recognise that our success comes from our inventive people. We believe in including everybody and supporting you on your journey with us
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.