- Information Technology
- Singapore - Singapore
Our Global Data Team The Global Data Function (GDF) has end-to-end responsibility for data from foundations (DQ, MDM, compliance) to management (data platforms, integrations), to value realisation (analytics enablement and delivery).
Involved with every aspect of Dyson’s global business - from finance to product development, manufacturing to owner experience – Data is enjoying record-breaking investment and mandate for 2021 and beyond, everything we do seeks to release value from data and underpin Dyson Strategic Objectives.
About the roleThis role is a core member of the Data Governance pillar and is a hands-on role leading a small team responsible for working closely with business data owners and stewards to define the quality standards for our data, bring clarity to status, and drive improvements. This role is at the leading edge of our data fundamentals and is essential to both operational efficiency and the creation of credible valuable data insights across the organisation.
Reporting to the Head of Data Governance, the DQ/MDM manager will be responsible for;
- Leading a nurturing a small team of DQ/MDM solution leads and DQ tool technical specialists
- Shaping and leading data quality forums and creating a unified holistic view of data quality health and gaps across the organisation – promoting remediation recommendations, and building business cases where necessary
- Measuring and championing data Quality and mastery within the DDE (Dysons analytics platform) and delivering on-boarding training
- Collaboration with Legal, Privacy and GDF stakeholders
- Delivering and maintaining a fit for purpose central DQ tool, driving efficiency and consistency in reporting, and using technology solutions to identify and remediate DQ issues
- Being the primary PoC for data quality questions from stakeholders
- Ensuring DQ/MDM repositories, libraries and documentation is maintained well by the team and is fit for business purpose
- Working with business stakeholders to identify and on-board data owners and stewards across the organisation
- Working with the business owners to define, value and remediate quality issues and inefficiencies
- Establishing an understanding of current data mastery for critical entities, and identifying solution improvements or introductions were necessary
- Working with GDF data architects and platform resources on structure, approach and solution design
- Using data quality and reporting technology to measure, capture and report in a consistent and meaningful way across domains.
- Driving adoption and implementation of the Data Governance Strategy and Frameworks with stakeholders and owners across the business, defining and delivering comms plans
- Contributing to the development of the Data Governance Strategy
- Building relationships with key stakeholders to understand their data landscape and their business priorities
- Growing a network of data owners, stewards, custodians and stakeholders to support and facilitate improving data quality and good data practices.
- Reviewing data management approach of key programs and initiatives, recommend improvement plans and escalate risks and issues
About youCompetencies, qualifications and qualities:
- Experience across the above responsibilities, and an ongoing interest in getting to the root of data issues that are causing damage and finding the best way to fix them
- Knowledge of data related regulatory requirements and emerging trends
- Self-driven Individual with high levels of resilience and tenacity. An ability to thrive during change
- An ability to pragmatically balance DG excellence against risk and commercial considerations
- When faced with competing business challenges and agendas, able to drive progress with authority, empathy and clarity
- Effective communication skills, able to draw out the necessary detail from business colleagues to define fit-for-purpose standards and challenges – empathy for
- A highly collaborative and communicative approach to issues by default, a focus on achieving objectives and delivering value over remit and perfection.
- A robust understanding of data functions and the part that data quality plays in operational efficiency and downstream analytics capability
- Degree or above educated in a relevant discipline and Data governance professional qualifications preferred but not essential – An overriding drive to deliver value and a capability to so within data governance are the essential qualifications
BenefitsDyson monitors the market to ensure competitive salaries and pension contributions. Beyond that, you’ll also enjoy a profit-related bonus, generous leave and life insurance. But financial benefits are only the start of a Dyson career. Rapid professional growth, leadership development and new opportunities abound, driven by regular reviews and dynamic workshops. And with a vibrant culture, flexible working hours, the latest devices and a relaxed dress code reflecting our engineering spirit, it’s an exciting team environment geared to creativity, innovation and ambition.
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.