- Information Technology
- Singapore - Technology Centre
Building our analytical capabilities is a core pillar of Dyson. As our products grow in complexity and application range across more markets, the volumes of data available to drive insights is greatly increased. Understanding how to use this data to improve manufacturing efficiency, improve customer experience and drive costs out is key to Dyson's success.
The Business System Development team supports the Global Manufacturing and Operation team to:
- Digitalise all aspects of business processes to drive systematic fact-based decisions supported by data analytics.
- Drive operational transformations, enabling teams to work more efficiently and improve operational effectiveness by delivering advanced analytical models such as deep learning, regression solutions or correlations studies.
- Improve systems: Getting into the detail of what drives consistency and speed in manufacturing through our systems and processes in the most efficient and reliable way
The team is looking to onboard a seasoned advanced analytics manager (Data Scientist Manager) to set the data management strategy, support the selection of tools and systems as well as bring best practices and know-how to the team.
About the role
Main responsibilities of the role:
- Plan and lead the development of new data analytic techniques, methodologies and analytical solutions from design through to implementation, prototyping and testing.
- Identify and develop core data science components for the delivery of projects, architect specialised database and computing environments, explore and visualise complex data set to provide incremental business value.
- Build data manipulation and data processing tools, create models and algorithms, propose and adopt new technologies.
- Guide and mentor lower-level team members.
- Adopt a broader perspective and display analytical thinking to identify connections between concepts.
- Influence key stakeholders and spearhead a data driven approach to resolve business issues.
The role will be based in Singapore but liaise across countries like Malaysia / Philippines / UK and overseas offices.
Design and Implement data strategies:
- Partner with stakeholders to translate business problems into data science projects
- Develop strategies to identify, acquire and use appropriate data sets to develop practical solutions and support decision making
- Maintain an advanced knowledge of trends affecting the industry
- Develop advance analytics best practices and drive the adoption of those practices within the team
- Plan the development of analytical solutions from initial design through to implementation, prototyping and testing
- Take a lead role in team activities such as project estimation, code reviews and retrospectives
- Collaborate with software developers and data engineers to deliver scalable analytical solutions
- Layout a framework or methodology to apply machine learning/analytics techniques into business operations
- Scope out and break down problems, set hypothesis for analysis
- Find ways to simplify and make the process of performing data mining faster and more efficient
- Design and evaluate experiments to test data assumptions and draw actionable conclusions
- Deploy data models across different channels and customer platforms
- Present insights:
- Synthesize findings into actionable insights
- Present technically complex solutions to the business stakeholders in a simple yet interesting way.
- Provide rationale, business cases and Return On Investment (ROI) models to support investment
Qualifications and experience
- Degree in Business Analytics, Information Systems, Computer Science, Statistics or Mathematics
- Having more than 5 years of experience of hand-on analytics work
- Skills required
- Methodology approach to data mining & mindful in statically approach for data mining.
- Predictive modelling using SAS, R, Rapid Miner, Python
- Programming languages JAVA , C# , C , VB.net , ASPX.Net
- Proficient with SQL, SQL server
- Data mining techniques such as random forest, SVM, Boosting, Sampling, decision tree, regression and Neural Networks
- Ability to define and deploy data strategies, designs and governance
- Able to transfer findings to web-based visualizations
- Design, implement and maintain the infrastructure for performing data mining on large data set
- Excellent Communication skills
- Knowledgeable in using business intelligence visualisation tools
Underlying characteristic/behaviour required
- Ability to manage stakeholders
- Ability to think out of the box
- Self-motivated, dynamic, results-driven and assertive
- Good presentation skills at all levels of the organisation
- Team player, comfortable dealing with all business levels and external suppliers
- Ethical, personal integrity
- Quick learner
- Willing to be flexible in tasks and activities taken on
- Enjoy challenges and thrives on them
- Attention to detail without losing bigger picture
Dyson Singapore monitors the market to ensure competitive salaries and bonuses. Beyond that, you’ll enjoy a transport allowance and comprehensive medical care and insurance. But financial benefits are just the start of a Dyson career. Professional growth, leadership development and new opportunities abound, driven by regular reviews and dynamic workshops. And with a vibrant culture, the latest devices and a relaxed dress code reflecting our engineering spirit, it’s an exciting team environment geared to fuelling and realising ambition.
At Dyson, it's about more than our machines. We recognise that our success comes from our inventive people. We believe in including everybody and supporting you on your journey with us
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.