- Data Analysis
- United Kingdom - Malmesbury Office
Our mission is to bring Dyson technology to life, to provide the imagery, films, content, experiences and service that explain our machines, their benefits and the problems they solve for our Owners. We create assets and journeys that help Owners discover, choose, purchase, learn about and solve issues they may have with our machines.
Data is at the forefront of Dyson's Commercial strategy. The MADE team drives forward actionable owner insights, building out machine learning initiatives in a range of channels. Producing propensity modelling and recommendation engines for next product.
We are on an exciting data journey where our emphasis is around providing a better usage experience for our Owners. To this end, we are investing heavily in brining together machine, app and owner data to bring bespoke recommendations - whether it being help/support/guidance/repair/parts/machines - to our owners when they need it.
About the role
The primary focus of the role will be using data science capabilities to drive personalisation and Owner experience using our connected app data. Working with the Analytics Manager and the wider connective data community you must ensure that the initiatives are validated, tested and monitored across multiple channels and markets.
- The role will need to have expertise within our core platforms, such as Google Cloud Platform, Python & R with Advanced SQL skills.
- Working alongside other MADE analysts, markets & Group stakeholders to identify opportunities and make recommendations to aid commercial strategy.
- In order to improve Owner Experience, Personalisation & Next Best Action, the role will assist the Journey team, in gathering data touch points for connected app interactions, so we can eventually start to optimise every single touchpoint on the owner journey and drive "Bought not Sold"
- Mentoring other MADE team members, encouraging and inspiring junior members of the team
- The role will help shape the way Dyson thinks about insight and analytics, and support data led activation across the business. You and the team will build on the foundations we have laid and continue to drive value and data driven decision making through modelling and analysis in an agile environment.
- This role is involved in one of our largest and most, extensive, insight-led project using latest capabilities/developments in GCP and ML.
- You will be a key team member within the marketing data and audience team, helping shape our audience data and journey roadmap
- Own the data driven insight for connected data. This will include being the key contact amongst the categories directors who might need support on go to market strategies, new product launches and general health of our owner base within the categories and support data driven acquisition strategies Ownership of Building, testing and validating models for connected data ensuring they get used by the markets and channels and learnings from the outcomes are shared and acted upon
- Responsible for how we drive the usage of our connected data to enhance Owner experience, so it is utilised across multiple channels for acquisition and retention purposes
- Accountable for ensuring that Commercial stakeholders understand the value of our connected data and how it can benefit our Owners
- Advanced SQL
- Experience with GCP
- Visualisation (Tableau, Looker)
- Programming Language (R, Python)
- Building Predictive Models for Commercial Use
- Well adverse with Machine Learning (including feature engineering and calibration)
- Working knowledge of statistics, machine learning techniques and data mining methods
- Make Recommendations in aid of commercial strategy
- A keen interest in problem solving and using scalable machine learning to solve the biggest data-related problems
- Strong communication skills to tell the story from the data and present findings to project teams & senior stakeholders
- Ability to prioritise and manage a busy workload, leading on multiple projects
- Mentoring other team members, encouraging and inspiring junior members of the team
- Collaborating with like-minded Data Scientists and analysts
- Working closely with business stakeholders to drive business value through the use of data science and AI
- 27 days holiday plus eight statutory bank holidays
- Pension scheme
- Performance related bonus
- Private medical insurance
- Life assurance
- Sport centre
- Free on-site parking
- Subsidised café and restaurants
- Discounts on Dyson machines
At Dyson, it's about more than our machines. We recognise that our success comes from our inventive people. We believe in including everybody and supporting you on your journey with us
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.