- Data Science and Engineering
- Poland - Krakow Office
We are on an exciting data journey, aiming to transform our business through the Connectivity of our machines, and the MyDyson app.
About the role
The Data Scientist will be driving insights back into the business to help answer critical questions, and improve the experience our owners get from our app and machines in the future.
You will play an important part in maintaining and improving our Connected Intelligence Platform, Connected Control Tower and Data science toolset to ensure that the answers to crucial questions can either be self-served or provided through modelling and investigation of the data.
The Data Scientist will manage the work of other Data Scientists and Data Analysts, and work closely with our MLOps Engineers to:
· Provide leadership and take end-to-end responsibility for data projects
· Contribute original and transformation ideas
· Create and maintain the capability to provide concise executive-level reporting and be accountable for the quality of analysis provided.
· Instigate and drive the implementation of transformational Data Science projects, including elements of predictive modelling, segmentation, and forecasting.
· Maintain and enhance our Connected Control Tower as business needs evolve.
· Become an expert in our diverse and exciting range of data sources.
· Contribute to the Data Science and Analytics community across the wider business.
· Ensure that initiatives are validated, tested, and monitored across multiple channels and markets.
· Drive experimentation and A/B testing, including post-campaign analysis
· Impart experience and expertise in providing data-driven solutions to the rest of the team
· Build and maintain relationships with external partners, such as Google, to ensure we fully leverage their toolset and remain at the cutting edge of data technology.
· Contribute to recruitment and help grow a truly global data team
· SQL (significant experience to an advanced level – BigQuery and/or Redshift an advantage)
· Python in both a Data Science and Software Engineering context
· Experience working with GCP, AWS or other cloud providers.
· Visualisation (Tableau, Looker)
· Enjoy driving business value and progression against KPIs through data solutions.
· General programming experience
· Proven experience building real-world predictive models within a business
· Strong knowledge and practical experience in statistics, machine learning techniques and data mining methods
· Recommender systems
· A keen interest in problem solving and finding efficient and scalable solutions to seemingly impossible problems.
· Strong communication and data story-telling skills
· Enjoy presenting findings to project teams & senior stakeholders.
· Ability to prioritise and manage a busy workload, leading on multiple projects simultaneously.
· Mentors and encourages more junior team members, and enjoys supporting their career progression.
· Collaborates with like-minded Data Scientists to build a network across a large business.
· Line management experience within a data team
Dyson is an equal opportunity employer. We know that great minds don’t think alike, and it takes all kinds of minds to make our technology so unique. We welcome applications from all backgrounds and employment decisions are made without regard to race, colour, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other any other dimension of diversity.