- Data Science and Engineering
- United Kingdom - Malmesbury Office
About the role
The Data Visualisation Manager is responsible for ensuring that the data requirements of the wider Quality team & their stakeholders are met. Through the delivery of key reports and self-serve dashboards you will enable us to assess the success of Dyson’s products in the market and identify the drivers of reliability and satisfaction in our technologies.
Whether it’s understanding what our customers like or dislike most about our machines, identifying emerging product issues, or evaluating the impact Dyson and its products has on the environment, we pride ourselves on our ability to use data to tell stories. These stories help Dyson to manufacture more reliable products, improve customer satisfaction, will lead to repeat purchases and positive word of mouth.
This role will be primarily based at our Malmesbury campus (UK), however we can offer flexibility to work from our Bristol office a few days a week.
We’re seeking an experienced data professional who can help us tell more stories with data and can define and improve our existing reporting landscape. If you can bring data to life through dashboards that engage our business users, are able to think differently about business problems and distil complex business requirements into meaningful action and tangible outputs, then we would like to know you.
At Dyson we believe that being different and authentic helps us to pioneer together. Please let us know if you require any adjustments or accommodations to enable you to be your authentic self at Dyson.
Additional responsibilities include:
- Responsible for capturing and interpreting requirements, sourcing and shaping the data and then working in visualisation software to present insightful reports and content back to stakeholders.
- Responsible for the line management of a team and influence a team based in SEA.
- Responsible for the inclusion and wellbeing of your people, nurturing them to be the best version of themselves.
- Inspire others and develop a high performing team: thinks creatively when solving problems, has an artistic eye to design great looking reports and is willing to push the boundaries of what the visualisation packages can offer
- Demonstrates initiative by identifying opportunities to package data in a way that will benefit the wider Quality / team by simplifying their processes
- The role also requires a candidate with excellent communication skills, sound business acumen and strong technical data skills in order to:
- Capture clear requirements direct from business stakeholders around the world
- Develop great relationships across the business by understanding their needs
- Use best practice design and visualisation techniques to allow users to see and understand their data
- Iterate reporting solutions by design, build and test methodology
- Support and maintain existing reports, tools and dashboards
Essential skills and experience
- Ability to use data from a wide range of sources and business domains, we unlock valuable insights that can be fed back into the business
- Ability to interface with people of all levels across the Dyson organisation, interpreting their questions and requirements into reports and dashboards that enlighten and inspire.
- Strong experience with Data Visualization software such as Tableau (preferred), Looker or Power BI
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, happy working at all levels of the organisation, and across different geographies
- Demonstrate working knowledge of SQL for both data manipulation and querying
- Experience working with large-scale data warehouses (ideally cloud-based)
- Ability to manage multiple projects at any one time, and deliver results to deadlines
- Passionate about using data to tell stories and inspire others
- Experienced in turning business requirements into technical data specifications (and vice versa)
Desirable skills and experience
- Experience with CRM data
- Experience of Tableau server or on online administration
- Experience with Big Query or Amazon Redshift
- It would be preferred that the candidate has direct line management experience, however we are open to someone looking to make the next step up in their career.
- 27 days holiday (plus statutory bank holidays), option to buy back 5 additional days
- Pension scheme
- Performance related bonus
- On-site sports centre
- Electric vehicle scheme
- Free on-site parking, free Dyson bus from selected towns/cities
- Subsidised café, restaurants and free main meals
- Discounts on Dyson machines
- Free Hair Salon
- Concierge service
- On-site GP
- Health benefits
Dyson is an equal opportunity employer. We know that great minds don’t think alike, and it takes all kinds of minds to make our technology so unique. We welcome applications from all backgrounds and employment decisions are made without regard to race, colour, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other any other dimension of diversity.
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.