- £Competitive + bonus
- Information Technology
- Malmesbury - United Kingdom
Dyson's Global Data Service team ensures that the various parts of Dyson's business are able to leverage rich, accurate, and timely data to generate insights and make better decisions, while also supporting the strategic migration towards the Google Cloud Platform (Big Query). As a part of IT, the team has the resources and the remit to keep up with Dyson's impressive global growth. Building our analytical capabilities is a core pillar of Dyson's new global data strategy. As more consumers engage with Dyson, via more types of products, and across more markets, the volumes of data will greatly increase. Understanding how to use this data to improve everything from customer experiences to product development will be key to Dyson's success.
We're looking for a Data Warehouse Engineer to join the team.
About the roleWhat you'll be doing:
- Monitor and manage background processes to ensure continuity of service
- Investigate and resolve issues in a timely manner and to a high standard
- Provide support, training and advice to end-users of existing BI systems
- Work with a team of DBAs to help define hardware requirements and sizing Maintain & enhance existing data warehouse functionality and capabilities
- Specify, Design, Develop, Test and Deploy solutions utilising the full SQL Server stack
- Work with cross functional teams to gather and understand business requirements
About youYou’ll need to have:
- Strong SQL / T-SQL skills are essential
- Undergraduate degree in a computing, science, math or engineering discipline
- Solid experience on SQL Server Data Warehousing projects.
- Significant proven expertise in developing T-SQL on SQL Server 2008 R2 or above
- Experience of both normalised relational and dimensional data modelling methodologies
- Significant proven experience with SSIS including development of full DW ETL solutions
- Experience with Reporting Services (SSRS) and data visualisation
- Experience with centralised and distributed version control software e.g. TFS / GIT
- Experience with agile tools & methodologies e.g. Kanban boards
- An understanding of Database Administration processes & methodologies.
- Working knowledge of Python / C# would be advantageous but not essential
- Understanding of cloud platforms (AWS, GCP)
- 27 days holiday plus eight statutory bank holidays
- Pension scheme
- Performance related bonus
- Life assurance
- Sport centre
- Free on-site parking
- Subsidised café and restaurants
- Discounts on Dyson machines
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.