- Information Technology
- United Kingdom - Malmesbury Office
About Dyson IT
At Dyson, we demand the highest standard of performance from the technologies we engineer. Our people expect the same from the technology that supports them. We are a community that appreciates and advocates better engineering. A community of pioneers. Our aim is to create robust IT architecture, to manage data effectively and efficiently and continue to grow our world-class team. A team who is strategic, enabling business acceleration, growth and success.
Our Digital Business Technology Team
Dyson’s Global IT applications service has end to end accountability for the design, delivery and support of all business applications enabling Dysons global commercial, operational and enterprise business process. Forming a large proportion of the IT Function, the team are arranged into investment areas including Owner Experience, Supply Chain, Manufacturing & Retail, Finance & compliance and People and collaboration.
About the role
Reporting to the Delivery Manager, you will be responsible for:
- Delivering value to Dyson’s business through enhancing and developing key technology platforms.
- Develop and maintain a rolling backlog of Business and IT change, challenging benefit and priority where required.
- Working with Product Owners, both Business and Technical, Technical Architects, Operations and delivery teams to ensure the right solutions are developed and implemented successfully
- Providing IT Delivery guidance and support to Business Stakeholders and Product Owners.
- Facilitating effective governance reviews with delivery partners on resource performance through regular service reviews.
- Building and maintaining strong working relationships with delivery partners
- Generating IT Leadership Team MI reports on the delivery performance and trends to help with effective strategic/tactical decision making.
- Taking delivery ownership and be accountable for the overall quality of work.
- Resolving problems and escalations on Product Management (Enhancement) delivery commitments.
- Managing team activities in line with Release and Service Management processes.
- Ensure requirements are aligned with business objectives which are clearly communicated and understood by delivery teams
- Aligning and coordinating product owners and delivery teams for backlogs, workloads and priorities.
- Validating delivery partners estimates for development effort and managing escalations as required, removing blockers and provisioning resources for where needed.
- Identifying any risks or issues found in your deliveries and escalating where appropriate.
- Support and collaboratively improve Application Development Delivery
- Highly motivated self-starter
- Calm under pressure
- High levels of initiative
- Strong customer experience focus
- Previous team performance management experience
- Experience of delivering large-scale systems and applications
- Strong troubleshooting and problem-solving abilities
- Anticipates project needs before they arise; prioritises multiple tasks effectively
- Proactively seeks opportunities to broaden and deepen knowledge base and proficiencies
- Ability to communicate clearly with technical and non-technical stakeholders
- Experience of building and managing Scrum teams
Experience of working with collaboration tooling such as Jira, Confluence, Slack, MS Teams
• Ability to hire, motivate and develop highly capable teams
• Experience of working with enterprise-scale partners as well as niche vendors
- Experience of working with globally distributed, diverse teams
- Strong experience of planning large backlogs of requirements across multiple platforms and vendors
- Familiarisation of Engineering Software including:
- Operational infrastructure experience
- Vendor Management
- Line management experience
- Professional experience with programming languages
- Professional experience with cloud hosted services
27 days holiday plus eight statutory bank holidays
Performance related bonus
Lift share scheme
Discount on Dyson machines
Flexible working environment and mentality
At Dyson, it's about more than our machines. We recognise that our success comes from our inventive people. We believe in including everybody and supporting you on your journey with us
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.